Under the Huppah is a group of wedding officiants committed to making your wedding an authentic representation of your beliefs and your future marriage. We are Universalist Rabbis who serve couples of all faiths, and we joyously officiate marriage celebrations for the GLTB community as well. We believe weddings can be magnificent and memorable without requiring that a couple and their families incur debt so our rates for marriage preparation and wedding celebrations begin at just $150 for weddings in our own towns. Our network of sites and vendors are carefully chosen and all share this commitment to quality and financial responsibility.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Languages: English, Spanish, Hebrew
Insurance: $250,000 - All the Universalist Rabbis oif Under the Huppah are covered by Professional Liability insurance for our work.
Unions: Union Of Universalist Rabbis, WRN . CCRR
What to Expect
When you call on Under the Huppah to consider having us celebrate your wedding here is our protocal:
1. We will send you our brochure
2. You'll call or text or email to set up an initial time to meet, by phone, by webinar or in person
3. We'll meet and discuss the marriage you want to create by design...not default, and the wedding ceremony that reflects your goals, your beliefs, your values and your love.
4. We'll send you a wedding planner by email and you'll need to return this, including a signed contract plus a 50% deposit (100% of the officiancy fee if the wedding is less than six months away) to reserve the date on our calendar,
5. We'll meet two or three more times to go over details as you select the readings, music, etc.
6. We will send you our vendor-partners list: a group of highly selected, carefully chosen musicians, photographers, cake bakers, caterers, venues, DJs and suppliers. All are committed to making weddings of excellence affordable and will not try to "upselll." Most will also give our clients a significant discount.
7. We will create and print 25 copies of your wedding program free, on linen stock. Each additional copy is $1.50 These 25 copies are a gift; and our way to insure that your guests are active participants in your wedding ceremony.
8. We strongly encourage a rehearsal take place, either the day before or the day of your wedding. There is no additional charge for this in town and we do not discount when there is not a rehearsal.
9. The day of your wedding we will arrive 1 hr before the ceremony and ask that you each plan for 15 min to spend with us, alone, before the ceremony. This is a time to center yourself, to reflect on the seriousness of the vows you are about to make and to tune out all the rest. Sometimes this is well done with your parents and/or attendants, but otherwise this is a time just for you.
10. Your wedding can include any one or more symbolic expressions of unity. We bake challah : a circular bread, for each couple as a symbol of the warmth and hospitality you will create in your home as well s your promise to feed each other lives in many ways. Unity candles, unity sand, handfasting, and other ways to demonstrate the families that are about to be joined, and the family you are creating are welcome, and, Jewish traditions are offered including the circling of the groom and bride, the breaking of the glass and; for all couples, pronouncement of the ancient-yet ever relevant, 7 Rabbinic Blessings.
11. We will sign the marriage license for the civil marriage papers, and the ceremonial wedding certificate after the wedding; a ceremony in itself.
12. It is our joy to continue to celebrate with you at the reception where we will gladly offer the benediction over the food and toast the new family!
13...and maybe most important.....when you've been married by a Universalist Rabbi from Under the Huppah you have that Rabbi and all the rest of us, available to serve you and your entire family forever. Yes, our Muslim-Catholic couples, our JewBuddhist-Baptist couples, and our Orthodox-Agnostic couples all have a Rabbi "in the family" or at least they have their own "Family Rabbi." We offer marriage coaching when you come to a time of decision or are facing a challenge. We will perform mommy-daddy to be blessings, baby dedications, celebrations of life and funerals/memorial services, do home visits for anyone in need of rabbinic counsel including those in your family who are lonely or in need of comfort. Simply put...we stand ready to serve all G.d's people; as Universalist Jewish Rabbis are called to do. We are yours and you are our people.
I'm Rabbi Dr. Walli Carranza, the founder and CEO of Under the Huppah Rabbinical Affiliates, a nationwide team of Universalist Rabbis, ordained after graduating from the Jewish Spiritual Leaders' Institute in New York City. Like all my colleagues I am committed to providing pastoral counseling and marriage officiancy services for all G.d's people, Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and all those who choose not to give what they believe a specific label. We believe marriage celebrations do not have to be expensive to be meaning-filled and we back up that commitment by both setting our fees at just $150 in our own hometowns and by engaging vendors in collaborative agreements on behalf of our client-families.
Personally, I was ordained in January 2017 after completing seminary in December 2016. I earned my Bachelors degree in health education and my Masters and PhD in Nursing, all in Texas and then moved to Colorado Springs with my four children after my husband's death in 1997. I am certified in Health Coaching and serve as the lead professor for the Health Coach Alliance where reticently we added a dual health coach-chaplaincy program of education for clergy. I also serve as Chaplain to the Colorado Springs Police Department and as a college campus chaplain as well.
I was blessed not just once, but twice to have found wonderful men and this certainly has influenced my rabbinate. As a mother of four and the Bubbe (grandmother) of six I know how important strong marriages are and I joyously welcome the opportunity to stand with couples of all faiths in the GLTB community now that same-sex marriage hs finally been legalized in all 50 states. Just as for men and women who choose to devote their lives to each other, these couples are showing the world that love strong enough to last a lifetime crosses all boundaries.
Whether you come to Colorado or ask me to travel to perform your wedding ceremony I will work with you and help you create the liturgy that reflects your beliefs, your values, your family and your love.
So many people do not have a personal relationship with a member of clergy and I am honored to be the Family Rabbi for each of the families I serve. We celebrate blessing of mothers and fathers -to-be and baby dedications, Bris Shalom for Jewish couples, anniversary vow renewals, B'nai Mitzvah in the Rockies, for folks 13-18 who come together and prepare and then celebrate this milestone in the course of a week in November, or June, and I perform celebrations of life for those approaching death and funerals as well.
Come to Under the Huppah...a representation of your home.... and there may you both find, create and share the gift of shalom; a peace that passes all understanding, a peace that will sustain and bless you forever.
Past Booked Events
|September 23, 2018 • 2:00pm - 11:00pm||Price-Perrigo Wedding|
|August 11, 2018 • 7:00am - 11:00pm||Berkoff Wedding|
|August 09, 2018 • 7:00am - 2:00pm||Berkoff Rehersal|
|July 07, 2018 • 1:00pm - 11:00pm||Tomala-Stevens Wedding|
Influences & Inspiration
Under the Huppah is dedicated to creating religious and spiritual experiences to celebrate marriage, the addition of a new family member through birth or adoption, coming of age (B'Nai Mitzvah), pastoral care and professional Health-life coaching in times of need, and services at the end of life. We serve the entirety of G.d's people, Jewish and not. Christians of all faiths, Buddhists, Muslims and those of other faiths, interfaith families and the many people who are spiritual but chose not to label their faith journey, all will find compassion, care and support when being served by a Universalist Rabbi from Under the Huppah. It is why we each chose to study at the Jewish Spiritual Leaders' Institute and it's why we are ordained in the Universalist tradition.
We believe that love can cross all boundaries of religion, nationality and sexual orientation and proudly stand in joy with GLTB couples as they, too create blessed marriages and strong, healthy families.
Recent review: Wow! I'm so thankful we had the pleasure of having Mr. Wagner at our event this year! He is a…
Recent review: Stephanie provided us with a great 45-min show for our tasting room! She arrived promptly, was…
Recent review: Michael worked well with me to make sure the birthday songs were done right and well. He played…
Recent review: Ira officiated my daughter's spacetastic wedding that was out of this world! It was not your…