A fun show for all ages. Great music from classic and current cartoons and animated movies performed by some of the country's finest musicians. The show also features videos of the cartoons.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 60 - 120 minutes
Insurance: $100,000 - Liability
What to Expect
A whole lot of fun is to be expected with a show by The Queen's Cartoonists! This group of zany professional musicians will spark some memories of great cartoons including Disney, Looney Tunes and more. Some current-day animation music is also included in the show. Video projections keep those with visual tendencies entertained with the great musical scores played in-sync with the videos. Great humor, superb musicianship and creativity is great for all ages during this show.
Music from Classic Cartoons”
The Queen’s Cartoonists offer a tour-de-force of the Swing Era’s zaniest and most
creative music, much of which was written for or adapted for classic cartoons. The
band’s repertoire includes cartoon music from the 1920’s all the way to the present day,
and includes composers Raymond Scott, Carl Stalling, John Kirby, Danny Elfman, John
Williams, Alf Clausen, and countless classical favorites! Whether you’re a fan of Looney
Tunes, Merry Melodies, The Simpsons, or the old Disney classics, you’ll find something
to swing along to!
The six cats of The Queen’s Cartoonists are on a musical mission consisting of equal
parts music preservation, music education, and live performance. The heyday of swing
music has passed, but this music survives in the memories of anyone who grew up
watching cartoons or listening to classical music.
Additional Booking Notes
TECHNICAL RIDER 2017-18
● Questions directed to: Joel Pierson (phone number hidden); Rossen Nedelchev (phone number hidden).
● EMAIL: (email hidden)
● Number of band members: 6 (7 if vocalist is on the gig).
● Stage must be preset before the arrival of TQC. (Please see attached diagram).
AUDIO / VIDEO REQUIREMENTS:
● TQC will use venue audio system, which should include appropriate and professional
audio console, power amps, equalizers, speakers, and monitors for venue dimensions.
● 6 monitor speakers; 1 placed in front of each musician. 7 if vocalist has been hired.
● Venue will provide projector, screen, and HDMI (or VGA) cable that reaches the
drummer. Drummer will trigger cartoon projections from on stage; this can be done
by the sound person if absolutely necessary. IMPORTANT: ONE MONTH BEFORE THE
GIG, THE VENUE MUST HAVE A PHONE CONVERSATION WITH EITHER JOEL OR ROSSEN TO
ENSURE THAT THE PROJECTIONS WILL GO SMOOTHLY. VGA strongly preferred.
● The VENUE will supply a professional audio engineer to operate the sound board during
sound check and during the show.
● 1 piano with a piano bench. If no piano is available, please provide a 88 key fully
weighted keyboard with sustain pedal, power cord, audio cable, amp, bench, and
heavy duty keyboard stand (no “X” style stands please). Roland preferred.
● 1 Drum Set: 4 piece maple drum set. (Gretsch, Yamaha or DW) 18x14’ kick, 14x6 1/2 or
5” snare, 12x12” rack tom, 14x14” floor tom. Coated single ply heads only (Remo
ambassadors preferred), 4 cymbal stands, hi hat stand, snare stand, bass drum pedal
(DW 9000 or similar), drum throne and 8x8 feet black drum rug. Depending on the gig,
drummer might need cymbals; please confirm with drummer prior to the gig.
● 1 Acoustic Bass amp and a DI Box
● 8 Heavy duty music stands with stand lights.
● If the band is driving (not flying), there is the possibility that they will bring drum set.
Piano, bass amp/DI and music stands are still to be provided by venue.
● 1 handheld microphone on a stand placed to the right of the pianist.
● 1 center stage microphone for soloists / vocalist.
● 3 instrumental microphones (trumpet, tenor saxophone, clarinet).
● 2 piano microphones.
● 1 upright bass microphone.
● Drum Microphones: 4 drums microphones (kick, snare +2 toms) + 2 overhead mics.
● The band will require a ladder and a small table (preferably with wheels) as props.
● Sound check is closed to the public. Venue doors should not be opened to public
access until sound check is completed and the band has been conferred with. Band
require 2 hours for sound check and a 3rd hour dedicated exclusively to video
projections (usually done before the band sound checks).
● TQC will use the house lighting system and the venue’s lighting technician.
● 2 tables with chairs in lobby to sell TQC merchandise (CDs, T-shirts, etc.), as well as
one or two salespersons. Band will sign autographs after the show.
● Sales will occur before show, at intermission, and after the performance
Past Booked Events
|February 16, 2018 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||UW - West Bend, WI|
|February 15, 2018 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||Minocqua, WI|
|February 13, 2018 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||Williams Center for the Perf. Arts - Oelwein, IA|
|February 12, 2018 • 7:30pm - 9:30pm||Sioux Center, IA|
|February 11, 2018 • 2:00pm - 4:00pm||The Temple Theatre - Des Moines, IA|
|February 10, 2018 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||Elgin Community College - Elgin, IL|
|January 24, 2018 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||Pinedale Fine Arts - Pinedale, WY|
|January 21, 2018 • 2:00pm - 4:00pm||Tillamook, OR|
|September 29, 2017 • 7:30pm - 9:30pm||Miller Symphony Hall-Allentown, PA|
|September 28, 2017 • 7:00pm - 9:00pm||Stoker Arts Center, Elyria OH|
Influences & Inspiration
Our major influences are:
Daffy Duck, Buggs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Tweey and Sylvester, Darth Vader, Elsa and Anna, Homer Simpson
If traveling by plane, we will need a drum kit and upright bass provided. If needed, we can find a location for which to rent the bass.
New York City, NY
The Hell or High Water Band is a mainstay on the NYC Bar band scene. For over 25 years, these guys have been…
New York City, NY
Recent review: We had seen Megg and Friends in NYC a number of times and could not think of a band we would…
Classic Rock Band
New York City, NY
Recent review: Mama Juke is one of the most talented, versatile and professional acts I work with. They are…