We now have 4 different versions of the group to offer:
The CAMELIA LATINJAZZ BAND performs smooth Latin styles with jazz solos, creating a "happy" atmosphere without being overpowering.
The CAMELIA LATIN DANCE BAND was created for dancing, and plays the 5 main Latin dance rhythms, and has vocals.
The SPANISH GUITAR TRIO performs in the style of the Mexican group "Trio Los Panchos" and specializes in classic romantic Spanish songs, performed with 3 harmonized vocals.
The CAMELIA SOLO GUITAR plays a variety of styles, ranging from Beatles, to Sinatra, to Bossa Novas, to Classical, to Wedding Marches, etc., creating a relaxing atmosphere, thanks to the sound of the nylon-string guitar.
We had a cultural event and the band was the perfect fit - the music was just right - engaging and celebratory. We had lighter acoustic music during dinner and then dancing music after. The band was very flexible in accommodating a change in time the day before. A really wonderful band that made our event special and memorable!
Response from The Camelia Latinjazz Band:
Thank you Daria -- we enjoyed playing for your guests.
We had a wonderful party for almost one hundred people by the sea with the Camelia Latinjazz Band as a highlight. They arrived early, set up quickly, were dressed professionally and very delightful to have around. They were very obliging in playing our favorite songs, including many Cuban melodies, and we were very happy with everything they added to our special night. Thank you!
Roderick was a very nice guy to work with. He was prompt with his answers and the quartet did their job beautifully. No trouble, no drama. Very, very good!
Response from The Camelia Latinjazz Band:
Thank you Katie, we enjoyed performing for you and your guests.
Rod and the team played for my wife's 50th birthday party - they were great to work with and played wonderful Colombian Jazz! I would highly recommend them.
Price Range: $see website
Gig Length: 15 - 300 minutes
Languages: English, Spanish, Dutch (Holland) And Papiamento (Curaçao)
What to Expect
From the CAMELIA LATINJAZZ BAND, expect instrumental (no vocals) smooth Latin rhythms (salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia & boleros) with jazz solos at the desired volume, very appropriate as live background music.
From the CAMELIA LATIN DANCE BAND, expect classic merengue, bachata, salsa, cumbia and bolero favorites, with vocals and for dance purposes.
From the SPANISH GUITAR TRIO, expect romantic classic Spanish songs sung in 3-part vocal harmonies, in the trio tradition of the Mexican group "Trio Los Panchos".
From the CAMELIA SOLO GUITAR, expect a wide range of popular soft ballads performed on the nylon-string classical guitar, creating a soothing and relaxed atmosphere.
SUMMARY OF THE BANDS.
1. The CAMELIA LATINJAZZ BAND.
* GENERAL STYLE - smooth Latin rhythms with jazz improvisation at the desired volume.
* SPECIFIC STYLES - instrumental salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia and boleros, with jazz solos.
* SIZES: trio (3-piece), quartet (4-piece), quintet (5-piece), sextet (6-piece), and sometimes also duo (2-piece).
* APPROPRIATENESS - trio & quartet appropriate for low-volume live background music, like cocktail hours, dinners, social gatherings, etc.; quintet & sextet for noisier occasions like festivals, outdoor shows, concerts, etc..
* INSTRUMENTATION - TRIO: Spanish guitar, keyboard + 1 hand percussion; SEXTET: Spanish guitar, keyboard, bas + 3 percussion.
* SONG LIST - for an English-speaking public: standard jazz songs performed with Latin rhythms; for a Spanish-speaking public: classic Spanish songs performed with Latin-jazz arrangements.
* LIVE VIDEOS - go to our new website on Wixsite under my name (roderickcamelia).
* RATES - go to our new website on Wixsite under my name (roderickcamelia).
2. The CAMELIA LATIN DANCE BAND.
* GENERAL STYLE - timeless classic Latin dance songs with vocals.
* SPECIFIC STYLES - salsa, merengue, cumbia, bachata & boleros.
* APPROPRIATENESS - appropriate for dance parties, festivals, outdoor events, and other "non-background" occasions.
* SIZES: quartet, quintet, sextet and septet, but can be further expanded with more horns. (A trio is offered only when a percussion player who can also sing is available.)
* INSTRUMENTATION - QUARTET: guitar/lead vocal, keyboard, background singer, 1 percussion (or another percussion for background vocal); SEPTET: keyboard, bass, guitar/vocal, 3 percussion, background vocal.
- (the TRIO, is also sometimes available.)
* SONGLIST -
- Compadre Pedro Juan, merengue;
- Pena, bachata;
- Son De La Loma, salsa/son;
- Moliendo Cafe, cumbia;
- El Negrito Del Batey, merengue;
- Cuando Sali De Cuba, bolero;
- Chan Chan, salsa/son;
- Besame Mucho, bolero, etc., etc..
* LIVE VIDEOS - visit the new website at Wixsite under my name (roderickcamelia);
* RATES - visit the new website at Wixsite under my name (roderickcamelia).
3. The SPANISH GUITAR TRIO.
* GENERAL STYLE - classic romantic songs in 3-part vocal harmonies in the style of Trio Los Panchos.
* SPECIFIC STYLES - bolero, waltz, huapango, chachas and son/guaracha.
* APPROPRIATENESS - appropriate for family events, company events, organization events, etc..
* SIZE - trio.
* INSTRUMENTATION - lead voice + maracas; lead guitar + 2nd voice; rhythm guitar + 3rd voice.
* SONG LIST - go to Wixsite website.
* LIVE VIDEOS - visit Wixsite website.
* RATES - visit Wixsite website.
4. The CAMELIA SOLO GUITAR.
* GENERAL STYLE - instrumental pop songs performed in a finger-picking style on the classical guitar.
* SPECIFIC STYLES - rock ballads, swing ballads, funk ballads, bossa novas, boleros and classical music.
* SIZES - soloist
* INSTRUMENTATION - a Spanish-electric guitar + a small battery amp.
* SONG LIST: visit the new Wixsite website.
* RATES - visit the new Wixsite website.
Upcoming Booked Events
|May 25, 2019 • 8:00pm - 10:00pm||Birthday Party|
Past Booked Events
|November 16, 2018 • 7:30pm - 8:30pm||Cultural Event|
|November 16, 2018 • 5:30pm - 7:00pm||Cultural Event|
|July 06, 2018 • 6:30pm - 8:00pm||Surprise|
|September 26, 2015||Wedding Ceremony|
|August 15, 2015||Birthday (Adult)|
|May 16, 2015||Birthday Party|
|January 02, 2015||Grand Opening|
AMERICAN CLASSICS WITH LATIN RHYTHMS:
1. Satin Doll – bachata
2. All Of Me – cumbia
3. Blue Bossa – salsa
4. My Way – bolero
5. What A Difference A Day Made – merengue
6. Crazy – bachata
7. Take the A Train – cumbia
8. Somos Novios / It's Impossible – salsa
9. The Shadow Of Your Smile – bolero
10. Autumn Leaves – merengue
11. Girl From Ipanema – bachata
12. There Will Never Be Another You – cumbia
13. Misty – salsa
14. Wave – bolero
15. Black Orpheus / Mañana De Carnaval – merengue
16. Solar – bachata
17. Night And Day - cumbia
18. My Little Suede Shoes – salsa
19. Stella By Starlight – bolero
20. I'm In The Mood For Love – merengue
SPANISH CLASSICS IN A NEW LATIN-JAZZ SETUP:
1. Besame Mucho – bachata
2. Moliendo Cafe – cumbia
3. Somos Novios – salsa
4. Historia De Un Amor – bolero
5. Cuando Vuelva A Tu Lado – merengue
6. Obsesion – bachata
7. La Mentira (Se Te Olvida) – cumbia
8. Capullito De Aleli – salsa
9. A Mi Manera – bolero
10. Cuando Cuando – merengue
11. Piel Canela – bachata
12. Que Nadie Sepa Mi Sufrir – cumbia
13. Cara De Payaso – salsa
14. El Dia Que Me Quieras – bolero
15. Inolvidable – merengue
Influences & Inspiration
This group has not been influenced by any particular act.
It's the product of a vision of having a group that plays Latin rhythms with jazz chords and jazz improvisation.
An electrical outlet is all that the band will need.
George Farrell Group(5)
Recent review: I had no idea what I was doing when looking for some kind of entertainment for a non-traditional…
Jim Robitaille Group(3)
Recent review: My review is not for a specific event, but rather my thoughts on Jim Robitaille as a musician…
9 Verified Bookings
Recent review: We had a saxophonist preform for our springtime garden party and it was perfect!
6 Verified Bookings
Recent review: They did a great job! Skilled players with a great selection of accessible jazz favorites.