I am a conservative, African American Republican. I explain, in a motivated way why I am a Republican. I encourage others by taking a look at the Republican Party from a historical perspective. I help people to understand the United States Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. I promote Patriotism and love of America. I am a retired United States Army Lieutenant Colonel with two combat deployments to demonstrate my love of country and my willingness to sacrifice for it. I am a Texan and I live in Texas. I have been all around the world and can compare and contrast my experiences to demonstrate why the United States of America is the greatest country in the world!
Vanessa sees no color in a person. She is the best advocate for any cause that deals with the rights of all of us. If you can have Vanessa on your team, you will succeed. She is classy, personable, organized, and smart.
Thank you always for all of your efforts!
Response from Vanessa F. Hicks-Callaway: The Black Woman in Red:
Russell Cain, thank you so much for your kind and accurate review of my gifts to humanity. I greatly respect you and am humbled by your feedback. I know how busy you are and want to thank you for taking the time to make me so happy! You are right! I am internally colorblind and I live that way. I am also richly proud of who and what I am and the struggle from my ancestors and from the Americans of all races and creeds who paid the ultimate price on battlefields of our past and present that bought the freedoms we Americans can now enjoy and take advantage of with their precious lives. Now, I just want to do what the Declaration of Independence tells us to do which is to have life, liberty and to pursue happiness. Thank you for being a part of my journey. I am forever grateful! Vanessa F. Hicks-Callaway-The Black Woman in Red (BWR).
Your topics, message and enthusiasm are great. Sometimes it takes a little study time on the background facts that put us in our position now. I hope more women of every color, religion and social status hear your message about why we live in a great country, what trials and tribulations can lead to if you are determined and to always know God is on our side even if he/she says "no" sometimes. Practice makes perfect so keep speaking everywhere you have the opportunity.
Response from Vanessa F. Hicks-Callaway: The Black Woman in Red:
Becky, your review is spot on. I fully understand what you are saying. As I continue to share my love of God and Country with broader audiences of every gender, race, religion, political affiliation, education level, and social status, I must do so responsibly with researched facts and irrefutable, interesting, experiences of my own and people I admire (like you). This is great feedback and exactly what I need as I refine my presentations. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide me with this review. I will tailor accordingly. Thank you!
Price Range: $100-$2,000
Gig Length: 15 - 60 minutes
What to Expect
1. Authenticity: Every aspect of my presentation, which will be professionally delivered, well prepared (complete with power point slides and photos) will be authentic and based on truths told in rich, detailed story formats.
2. Encouragement: Audiences crave enthusiastic, motivational encouragement that is loaded with examples (I survived open-heart surgery) they can relate to and refer to when they need to even long after the presentation. That is the kind of encouragement I can and will deliver in a captivating manner from start to finish!
3. Information: Audiences do not want their time wasted. They want information that is timely, true, powerful, and effective. Audiences love me! I will provide them with information they can use!
4. Excitement: I have so many stories, I have been in combat zones. I have been all over the world-to many, many different countries. I have led people, I am an identical twin, I am from Texas-the Lone Star state and I live in Texas. I have two kids, I have two dogs, I am a Black woman who has broken ‘color lines’ again and again. I am confident, bold and I am beautiful on the inside and out. I am exciting and I can excite people! I will leave an audience wanting more!
5. Love: I love what I do and the life I have led. My audiences feel that love and reciprocate love to me. As a Woman of God, wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, Veteran, military retiree, former business owner (direct sale marketing), and friend of many, I can relate to every member of the audience in some way or another.
Vanessa F. Hicks-Callaway was born and raised in Victoria, Texas and has been blessed to travel all over the world. Over the past 35 years, Vanessa has been very busy. She served in the United States Army as a supply sergeant and military intelligence officer, and deployed to two combat zones (in support of both OIF and OEF). She married (Jason O. Callaway), obtained a bachelor’s degree (in political science), a master’s degree (in human resource management), had two wonderful sons, and wrote a self-help book about Christian decision-making (called Decision Precision Vision). Vanessa retired from the military (after 26 years of service), instructed JROTC cadets as a senior army instructor (SAI), volunteered for multiple non-profit organizations, and worked for a congressman (for the 27th Congressional District as a constituent liaison and field representative). Vanessa is now an appointee for Texas Governor Greg Abbott for the Council for Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke.
Vanessa owes all of her successes in life to her deep faith and belief in Jesus Christ- who is her Lord and Savior. Since serving and retiring from the military, Vanessa now spends her time taking care of her husband (of 21 years), her two sons (Eric-a current sophomore at Sam Houston State University and Edward Callaway; ages 19 and 12 respectively) and helps to care for her mother, Viola B. Hicks who is 93 years old.
Vanessa loves volunteering for non-profit, charitable/service organizations like the Kiwanis Club (current president), the Old Landmark Committee, Disabled American Veterans/Auxiliary (DAV/DAVA), Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), American Legion, Warriors Weekend, Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA), Victoria Bach Festival (VBF), Victoria Police Foundation (VPF), Community and Schools and the Victoria Business Education Coalition (VBEC).
Vanessa is also very actively engaged in the Republican party of Texas. As a volunteer for the Victoria GOP, she serves as the secretary, outreach coordinator, occasional newsletter writer, and the precinct chair for Precinct 21 of Victoria, Texas. Vanessa is also a current county and state delegate for the Republican party of Texas. Vanessa not only truly enjoys being a member of the Victoria, TX GOP (serves as secretary), and the Victoria County Republican Women’s Organization, she is also thrilled to be a member of the Texas Federation of Republican Women (TFRW).
As a result of Vanessa’s public and private commitment and passion to help others, she enjoys telling people about what she has done and is currently doing with the hope of inspiring others. Vanessa accepts multiple invitations for speaking engagements and is now considered to be a professional, inspirational speaker. In the future, Vanessa will run for political office and will write another self-help book.
Additional Booking Notes
1. Sound system: i.e. microphone with a decent sound system
2. Screen: i.e. a place the show my power point slides as I enjoy showing power point slides with my presentations
3. A stage: I prefer speaking from the stage with a podium.
4. Preparation area prior to walking on stage: i.e. a back room or a hallway or something that will allow me to prepare prior to presenting.
Influences & Inspiration
I served in the United States Army for 26 years and have been in two combat zones in support of OIF and OEF.