We are a pop rock band playing iconic tunes from the 1950s through current. We boast four-part harmonies and about 150 years of music experience between the 4 of us! We have full PA and light show for indoor and outdoor events.
We also boast a smaller, quieter POP ROX Trio playing popular hits from the 1950's through CURRENT. More willing to learn YOUR "special songs" for YOUR special event! 3 part harmonies, acoustic guitar, keyboards and E drums. Small P.A. and light show. Appealing to a very wide age group!
Price Range: $250 and up
Gig Length: 120 - 300 minutes
Languages: English, Spanish
What to Expect
Trish, Dave and Mik from Pop Rox Trio desire to entertain you and to make your party GREAT! We specialize in playing iconic tunes that people know, can dance to and can sing along to. We play anything from classic rock to island music to pop music, etc. If you have a themed party, we'll dress up, too. If you let us know of any requests you have a couple weeks before your party, we will do our best to honor them. We are willing to do whatever it takes to improve your event!
Biography Page for Pop Rox Trio
Mik Hedig (keyboard/harmonica/vocals)
Mik the Music Man has been playing professionally since he joined a swing band at age 15 and has never stopped. As a multi-instrumentalist he has performed in wedding bands, jazz groups, classic rock and blues bands as well as cover bands. In Detroit he was most known as the organist for the Detroit Red Wings in the NHL. Mik is a personable entertainer whose goals are to make people happy through music and make the events he plays at the best that they can be.
Dave Laughlin (drums/percussion/vocals)
Drummin’ Dave started playing guitar and learned to read music at eight years old but switched to drums in 7th grade when he got what he refers to as “the rock bug.” He was a high school drumline geek and eventually achieved success in the Anderson music scene, first with Looney Bin and most notably with Plain Jane. After taking a 14-year break to play Mr. Mom, Dave is back with Pop Rox Trio where he covers drum set parts with his right hand and bongo parts with his left! He is also the go-to “hype” guy for any off-the-wall, theatrical vocals!
Trish Laughlin (lead vocals/acoustic guitar)
Trish started her musical journey in 5th grade with saxophone and piano. Active with music throughout high school and college, Trish participated in numerous concert bands, jazz bands, marching bands and musicals. She added acoustic guitar to her repertoire when she was 32 and has been playing and singing ever since!
Additional Booking Notes
For POP ROX Trio we need 1- 15amp circuit. At least a 10' x10' x 8' tall (or greater) level performance area. It takes us an hour and a half to "set up" (before gig) AND "tear down" (after gig.
POP ROX full band needs 2- 30 amp circuits. At least a 15' x15' x 8' tall(or greater) level performance area. 2 hour "set up" (before gig) time AND 2 hour "tear down" (after gig) time.
Upcoming Booked Events
|December 28, 2018–December 29, 2018 • 10:00pm - 2:00am||Pop Rox (Full Band) at Blaze Brew Pub|
Past Booked Events
|November 16, 2018–November 17, 2018 • 10:00pm - 2:00am||Pop Rox (Full Band) Live at Blaze Brew Pub|
|November 03, 2018–November 04, 2018 • 9:30pm - 1:30am||Full band Woody's Lapel|
|October 12, 2018 • 7:30pm - 10:30pm||Pop Rox Trio at Oakley Brothers' Distillery|
|September 19, 2018 • 8:00pm - 11:00pm||Pop Rox Trio at Snappers Bar and Grill|
Song List for Pop Rox Trio
1. Ex’s and Oh’s (Elle King)
2. All About That Bass (Meghan Trainor)
3. Hard to Handle (The Black Crowes)
4. Honky Tonk Woman (The Rolling Stones)
5. Something to Talk About (Bonnie Raitt)
6. Girl Crush (Little Big Town)
7. I’m Yours (Jason Mrazz)
8. Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac)
9. Dancin’ in the Moonlight (The Toploaders)
10. Bobby McGee (Janis Joplin)
11. Price Tag (Jessie J)
12. What’s Up (4 Non Blondes)
13. Folsom Prison Blues (Johnny Cash)
14. Squeeze Box (The Who)
15. Joy to the World (Three Dog Night)
16. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (Credence Clearwater Revival)
17. Werewolves of London (Warren Zevon)
18. Roadhouse Blues (The Doors)
19. Lean on Me (Club Nouveau version)
20. Forget You (Cee Lo Green)
21. Love Shack (The B 52’s)
22. Heartbreak Hotel (Elvis Presley)
23. Leroy Brown (Jim Croce)
24. Your Mama Don’t Dance (Loggins and Messina)
25. Can’t Stop the Feeling (Justin Timberlake)
26. Katmandu (Bob Seger)
27. Sexy Thing (Hot Chocolate)
28. Shut up and Dance (Walk the Moon)
29. When a Man Loves a Woman (Percy Sledge)
30. Rock me Gently (Andy Kim)
31. Boom Boom out go the lights (King Biscuit Boy)
32. Baby I love Your Ways (Peter Frampton)
33. Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
34. Hot Hot Hot (Buster Poindexter)
35. Come Together (The Beatles/Aerosmith)
36. Back on the Chain Gang (The Pretenders)
37. We are Family (Sister Sledge)
38. Dancing Queen (Abba)