Hello! I'm Mermaid Siryna! I am a performance mermaid and I do in character dry land and in water mermaid performances. My services include mermaid rides, games, Q&A, interactive storytelling, mermaid swim lesson, swim with me, photo shoots with props, and a coronation ceremony for which I will provide the crown. I own a hypoallergenic realistic silicone mermaid tail and several fabric tails. I love working with children and I am also available for corporate events, fundraisers, and charity events. For dryland gigs, I have a shell "throne" that sit on- it is a perfect spot for photo opportunities! book me today for your next party or event and together we will make a SPLASH!
Siryna was absolutely amazing. My daughter was on cloud 9. Siryna was so great with all the kids. We had many kids and all different personalities. She had an answer for ALL the questions they came up with! Will re-book for sure.
Price Range: $80 and up
Gig Length: 60 - 180 minutes
Languages: Spanish, Tagalog
Insurance: $500,000 - Liability
What to Expect
$80 first hour + $50 for additional hour minimum of 1 hour booking + 1.00/mile outside of 30 mile radius of Denton area
• meet and greet/QnA
• swim with the mermaid (monofin rental is extra) + mermaid Rides!
• pick 1 per guest from the mermaid treasure chest
• photographer and safety diver included
• pick 10 pictures to keep in flash drive (included) + 1 Signed Polaroid with birthday child
$100 first hour + $50 for additional hour minimum of 1 hour booking + $1/mile outside of Denton 30 mile radius
Everything in basic fabric +
• pick 15 pictures to keep in flash drive (included)
• coronation ceremony with the basic crown (extra for upgrades)
$110 first hour + $50/h for additional hours, minimum of 1 hour booking + $1/mile outside of Denton 30 mile radius
Everything in basic silicone +
• 25 pictures to keep in flash drive
• Mermaid Storytime
• Pick 2 per guest from the mermaid treasure chest
$125 first hour + $50 for additional hour minimum of 1 hour booking + $1/mile outside of Denton 30 mile radius
Everything in Silver Silicone+
• 50 Pictures to keep in a Flash Drive
• Coronation ceremony upgrade to CUSTOM CRYSTAL TIARA (you pick the color!)
(if no source of water available)
Dry Land Fabric
$90 first hour +$50 each additional hour minimum booking of $1 hour
• Meet and Greet/QnA
• 10 pictures to keep in flash drive + 1 Signed Polaroid
• Mermaid Storytime
• Coronation Ceremony
• Pick 1 per guest from the mermaid treasure chest!
Dry Land Silicone
$110 first hour + $50 additional hour minimum of 1 hour and max of 2 hours
Same as the dry land fabric +
• 15 pictures to keep in a flash drive + 1 signed Polaroid
$1/photo for additional photos
$3/polaroid for additional polaroids
$10 monofin rental (monofin only, full tails are not available to rent as of yet)
$25 custom crown upgrade “The Ophelia” pick the color!
What is the difference between “Fabric” and “Silicone”
• Fabric tails are more comfortable in the long term for the mermaid but less realistic, although they are realistic in photos, they tend to fail the “touch test” for kids. My silicone tail is made of hypoallergenic, medical grade silicone with raised scales that really FEEL like a Fish’s tail
What are your Qualifications
• I am Swim Safety certified by the Red cross which means that I can TEACH guppies how to swim like a mermaid and teach them basic skills as well.
Do you provide a LifeGuard for the Kids?
• As of now, the safety diver is ONLY responsible for the wellbeing and safety of the mermaid. Parents should ALWAYS supervise their kids and follow te basic safety rules (see safety rules pamphlet)
Is swimming in the monofin safe?
• It is safe when you have the skill to swim in it comfortable. Before a monofin rental is approved a safety swim test must be conducted! This consists of 5 second backfloat, 3 second front float, and 25m (across the pool) free swim unassisted.
Do you sell fabric mermaid tails?
• Currently I do not have that option, but if you are interested in purchasing one for your child, I can direct you to a list of websites that sell them
Do you do appearances in public pools?
• If the pool allows silicone tails, and the host/client pays for the mermaid entry fee then yes I can do a public pool appearance. E-mail the swimming pool’s aquatic director before booking. Most public pools allow it for private parties. The denton natatorium and civic center pools is mermaid tail friendly!
What If if my child sees you out of your tail?
• Mermaids are MAGIC! Anytime I am out of my tail, I will still be in a mermaid scale uniform. Mermaids can turn into humans for short periods of time and we have special pearls, magical jewels, and a special “magic mermaid potion” that will fuse our legs back together into a tail whenever we wish!
Will we need to provide you with anything?
• Nope! Only a private place to change near the pool away from the kids to “do my magic” I will not be eating while I’m “working” and the if anything the only thing we would ask for is water, but we will have our own water bottle to use!
Will you be wearing goggles?
• Not during work!
Where did you get your tails?
• My mermaid tails are custom made and custom fit to me by SFX artists in the theater and arts industry.
My name is Mermaid Siryna. I am currently a UNT student going to school for Biology with a minor in chemistry. I'm a premedical student who aspires to become a pediatrician one day! with that being said, I am also a performance artist who just happens to love mermaids and working with little guppies. I love to swim and spend most of my weekends in a pool practicing my dolphin kick and underwater modeling expressions (If you run into me, just say hi! I'm known to be a very friendly mermaid). I am currently working on my lifeguard certification, freediving certification and water safety instructor certification so I can pass my swimming knowledge to other little guppies.
Additional Booking Notes
-A MerGuard (mermaid Lifeguard) will accompany me to all performances. this is not negotiable.
-please inform all participants of the interaction with the following rules:
1. do not pull on the mermaid tail's fluke (that's the fin part) touching, rubbing, and felling the scales are ok but no pulling, please. This is for the mermaid's safety.
2. please ask before touching. There are certain "no no spots" a mermaid should not be touched including and especially the breast area.
3. for mermaid rides: hold on to the mermaid's shoulders, not the neck.
-for the "learn to swim with the mermaid"
1. non competent swimmers must be wearing a life vest
2. parents must keep an eye on thier children at all times. the merguard is there for safety but it's always best to have an extra set of eyes especially if there will be more than 10 kids in the pool swimming at once.
3. I do not provide monofins for liability purposes. in the future I may rent them but if you would like to take a class or are interested in mermaid swimming you may purhcase your own monofin or a monofin for your child at:
Past Booked Events
|August 11, 2018 • 2:00pm - 2:30pm||Children's Birthday Party|
Private Area for me to change into my tail
3 Verified Bookings
Recent review: He was really wondeful with the kids!
257 Verified Bookings
Recent review: Called an hour before arrival to confirm plan. Stayed an extra 15 minutes over the 1 hour. Was…
Children's Party Entertainment
1 Verified Booking
Recent review: Working with Sonya has been an awesome experience. She focusing on professionalism, quality and…
San Antonio, TX
Recent review: I booked Aqua Acro: aerialists, contortionist, power yoga, mimes, ring leader, and a stilt walker,…