- Typical Gig: 45 - 75 minutes
- Fee: $1000-$15,000
- Insurance: Yes
- Languages: English
- Unions: SAG, EQUITY, AFTRA, AGVA
Laura Theodore's show highlights popular jazz and cabaret standards. She performs as a Duo, Trio, Quartet or Quintet - up to a 17 member Big Band, depending upon the size and requirements for your event.
*** On Television, Ms. Theodore has made guest appearances on ABC, NBC, CBS, USA, Public Television, and America’s Talking Network.
*** Laura has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, The New York Daily News, The New York Post, People, JazzTimes, Variety, Dallas Morning News, and Time Magazine
*** Laura is an award-winning jazz vocalist and recording artist and has recorded six
critically acclaimed Jazz and Blues CDs.
*** Laura has starred in countless theatrical productions, including the
Original Cast production of “Beehive” for which she won the “Backstage Bistro Award’ and the World Premier production of “Love, Janis’, for which she was honored with the “Denver
Critics Circle Award’.
*** Laura's first feature film role was with Ben Gazzara in the Indie film, ‘Paradise Cove’.
*** She has been the broadcast voice of “Nick at Nite”, “Jordache Jeans,”
Additional Booking Notes
Laura Theodore Tech and Provisions Rider
SOUND AND LIGHTING SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
TRIO SET UP
1) 1 High quality wireless Mic with new battery
2) Mics for drums and bass (if needed to cover venue)
3) extra vocal mic set up for back up
4) 2 music stands & music lights for each stand
5) 1 music light for piano
6) 2 Tall stools (for Laura & bass player)
7) 1 Small table for Laura positioned near the piano /set with 1 bottle spring water glass & a few napkins
8) 5 quality monitors
9) sound system appropriate for venue size, plus at least 1 qualified sound technical engineers
10) light system with spotlight and at least one lighting operator, appropriate for venue size
11) quality reverb for vox (Yamaha, Lexicon, etc.)
12) Grand Piano, tuned within 36 hours of show
Dressing Room Set up:
1) Poland Spring or Zepher Hills spring water - 6 pack
2) clean facilities
3) make up mirror area with adequate light
4) full length mirror
5) Kleenex, fresh paper (or cloth) towels, soap
6) Soft drinks, spring water & coffee for band at sound check
Dinner for Laura and the band.
BIO: LAURA THEODORE is an award-winning jazz singer and recording artist. Laura and her All-Star Band feature some of the finest jazz music in the country. Her 2009 CD release, Golden Earrings, was selected to appear on the 52nd Grammy Award list, from which the final five Grammy nominees were selected. (Best Jazz Vocal Album). Ms. Theodore has made guest appearances on ABC, NBC, CBS, USA, Public Television, and Americas Talking Network. Laura is presently the star of the Public Television show, "Jazzy Vegetarian," (check your local listings). She has been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, The New York Daily News, The New York Post, People, JazzTimes, Variety, Dallas Morning News, and Time Magazine. Laura is also a popular radio host and television personality. Every Wednesday, at 1 PM (est) Ms. Theodore hosts "Jazzy Vegetarian Radio" on Blogtalkradio.
LAURA THEODORE has headlined at over 1000 events worldwide. Ms. Theodore has sung, by request, for the Mayor of New York City, Presidential Inaugural Celebration, numerous jazz festivals, Night of 100 Stars, Fire & Ice Ball, and The American Film Awards. She has topped the bill at the foremost New York City concert venues, including The Bottom Line, Town Hall, The Village Gate, Studio 54, and The Rainbow Room. Laura has had six critically acclaimed Jazz CDs released, and her debut disc, Tonights The Night, garnered a Musicians Magazine Award. In addition, Laura has starred in countless theatrical productions, and has toured throughout the US with her critically acclaimed one woman show "Celebrating the Great Ladies of American Song."