Julia, a FSU violin performance major graduate, has performed for over 15 years and offers solo violin for any special event. For wedding ceremonies, Julia's rate includes a 30 minute prelude, processional music, and a postlude. You may pick your preferred genre and favorite songs, or leave the music up to Julia! For other special events, Julia will work with you to determine your preferred genre.
We found Julia on Gigsalad and were very pleased with our last minute decision to add a violinist to our special day. Communicating with Julia was very easy. She performed beautiful pre ceremony, ceremony and post ceremony music. She was professionally dressed and a very nice addition to our small micro ceremony. Prices ver also extremely reasonable!!
Julia was wonderful! I could not have asked for a more talented Violinist to help me pull of a beautiful proposal. My ultimate goal was to portray the immense love I have and Julia’s beautiful talent made it happen. It could not have gone more perfect. I requested three songs to be played and she said yes without hesitation. Not only is she talented, she is kind and unbelievably patient. She was flexible as the location and time changed, she was still willing to be there. I could not recommend her more! Thanks, Julia!
Thank you so much!
Julia was just great. She helped me set up a proposal and went the extra mile to learn some special songs I wanted to hear during the proposal.
Thank you very much I can highly recommend her.
Julia has something come up and recommended I go with Brianna. Julia prearranged the change... could not have been easier. Brianna was perfect, prompt and willing to play my music choices.
She played violin at our wedding along with a guitarist. The music was what we were looking for and Julia was very easy to communicate with before the event.
Response from Julia Grissett:
Thanks so much for the review, Anna! It was such a pleasure playing at your wedding and I'm glad to hear you were pleased with the music choices.
Julia was very professional and wonderful to work with. I got feedback from my guests that having a violinist was their favorite part of my wedding!
I have worked with Julia, a colleague, playing several weddings together. She was prepared and on time for rehearsals and performances. Julia is a talented musician and a pleasure to work with!
Price Range: $300 and up
Gig Length: 30 - 180 minutes
Phone Number: Call
What to Expect
THE UPDATES BELOW ANY APPLY IN THE EVENT OF A SEVERE COVID 19 OUTBREAK. WE WILL WORK TOGETHER TO DETERMINE WHETHER THESE STIPULATIONS ARE NECESSARY.
I want to provide the gift of music as I'm able during these difficult times; however, I must do so in a manner that is safe for everyone. Below are updates on my response as a musician to event requests, particularly funeral services, during the coronavirus.
This is a difficult response; however, I need to do my part to ensure safety. Note that I am able to provide multiple references if needed to guarantee my expertise and provide ease of mind for the potentially inflated price due to my form of hazard pay. This is my attempt to be transparent and supportive as possible in case you or someone you know needs music to support your grieving process.
The guidelines below apply to events deemed to be "hot spots." I will extend the below guidelines as necessary based on federal and local guidelines on social distancing.
1. Regardless of being a hot spot within an outbreak, I will perform at funerals if the estimated attendees is right at the required 10 person limit for social distancing. Unfortunately, I have to charge a premium fee which is essentially hazard pay. This may be up to, but no more than, an additional 75% of my base fee. The percentage will be determined by me, based on the severity of the virus in your area. The hazard pay serves as my personal form of "insurance.' I know this cost seems high; it is because we are in the midst of a very unusual, poorly understood, potentially highly dangerous pandemic.
2. The fees will be nonrefundable if the event is over 60 miles away and I am already on my way, including scenarios where I am stopped by highway patrol due to the virus, or the event is broken up by police.
3. The fees will be 100% refundable if I have not left yet for the event, either of us fall ill, or any other unforeseen event prevents me from traveling, or the event is cancelled before I have left for the event. You will be notified exactly when I plan to leave.
4. To hopefully help offset the premium fee serving as hazard pay, I am offering clients the ability to pay via a payment plan over the course of 3 months. I am also offering 10% off any future services when my prices are no longer inflated (i.e., when I don't have to add a hazard pay fee.)
5. Tallahassee/Denver clients and anyone within 60 miles: There is no travel fee. My base performance fee for funerals is reduced to $200 to alleviate financial burden during these trying times, which includes the cost of any sheet music or phone consultations, and up to 1.5 hours of performance time. (My standard base fee is $300 due to my experience, not including sheet music, or consultations if excessive.) Additionally, a % of my base pay for the hazard pay will be applied. All prices will be agreed to prior to signing a contract either independently or through Gigsalad.
6. Clients 60 miles away: My base fee for a funeral is $250 including any cost of sheet music. Additionally, travel costs will be added ($40 for the first 60 miles, $20 for each additional 60 miles.) Finally, I will apply a potential % of my base pay for the hazard pay. As stated in #6, all prices will be agreed to prior to signing a contract either independently or through Gigsalad.
7. I will be positioned more than 6 feet apart from everyone, and will need to avoid shaking of hands.
8. Violin carries very well, so do not be concerned that I will be positioned away from the group. If sound is a concern, I can provide an amp at no additional cost (but do not recommend unless it is a very large venue.)
9. Additionally, we must coordinate all payment online to avoid unnecessary handling of money/checks. This may be through Gigsalad, PayPal, Venmo, or any other reputable site convenient for you.
If you hire Julia, you can expect reliable, straightforward, and high-quality work! Julia is highly passionate about anything related to music and the arts, has extensive experience performing, and is highly organized and professional as portrayed by her full-time consulting career. Julia primarily accepts work for solo violin performances, making her a more affordable resource. She occasionally considers ensemble work, depending on her availability.
Julia is a multi-talented individual - a violinist, arts advocate, and public sector management consultant at a global firm. Why is this differentiation important? Because it proves Julia has the talent, discipline, and management skills necessary to make your event high-quality and memorable.
Julia received her Bachelor's in Violin Performance and Masters in Arts Administration from Florida State University. She's played the violin for 17 years and has been performing in weddings, orchestra concerts, and other special events for 12 years.
At Florida State University, Julia's primary teacher was Eliot Chapo, the former New York Philharmonic concertmaster. Julia studied with several other faculty members for chamber music and private lessons including Dr. Corrinne Stillwell, Dr. Benjamin Sung, and Dr. Shannon Thomas. In college, Julia performed quarterly in orchestral and chamber concerts. She also attended Brevard Music Festival during which she studied with Maria Sampen and performed alongside globally recognized musicians. She was 1 of 4 violinists in her graduating class to graduate with a Violin Performance degree.
In Tallahassee Florida, she has performed with the Tallahassee Symphony Orchestra, Albany Symphony Orchestra, Panama City Pops Orchestra, several local church orchestras, and in special events such as weddings, church events, and funerals.
At her day job, Julia expands her passion for the public sector by dedicating her time towards large IT transformations at government client sites in industries such as Florida health care, regulatory agencies, and health and human services agencies. Julia enjoys continuously diversifying and expanding her skill set, as doing so has made Julia a well-rounded consultant and artist. Julia has learned to transfer her violin performance skills to her management consulting role, and continuously learns how to transfer her consultant skills back to the music and arts sectors.
By hiring Julia, you are hiring a passionate, well-rounded artist and consultant dedicated to providing a high quality experience for all.
Julia is willing to travel as she loves sharing her passion for music and the arts. Travel costs will be included in Julia's quotes.
Additional Booking Notes
Julia is available for indoor and outdoor venues, and does not require microphones or speakers.
Upcoming Booked Events
|December 20, 2020 • 4:00pm - 5:00pm||Wedding Ceremony|
Past Booked Events
|July 25, 2020 • 10:00am - 11:00am||Wedding Ceremony|
|May 23, 2020 • 7:00pm - 7:30pm||Wedding Ceremony|
|April 18, 2020 • 3:30pm - 4:30pm||Wedding Ceremony|
|February 29, 2020 • 3:00pm - 4:30pm||Wedding Ceremony|
|December 28, 2019 • 4:00pm - 5:30pm||Surprise|
|March 30, 2019 • 4:00pm - 5:00pm||Wedding Ceremony|
Julia provides her own equipment.