This show is piano/vocals plus bass, keyboard and drums. However, the piano/singer can also do solo gigs. This show is filled with great traditional jazz, blues and some current Americana charts. Fun and energetic and audience-friendly.
Price Range: Contact for rates
Gig Length: 30 - 120 minutes
What to Expect
Jazz, Blues & Two Tattoos is a versatile and fun show for almost any audience. Gary Negbaur is one of our country's finest jazz and blues musicians gracing the street of New Orleans and New York City regularly with his lively and deep-rooted Americana music.
Gary performs with a combo or as a soloist. He can accommodate any size venue and will adapt to every special and corporate event quite easily.
He will feature some of the great Americana standard Dixieland and Jazz pieces mixed with some great American Songbook repertoire. The familiar music will have audiences dancing and swaying to this great music that has shaped our country for decades.
Gary is a seasoned professional and is very easy to hire.
Jazz, Blues & Two Tattoos featuring Gary Negbaur
Gary Negbaur is a pianist/singer/songwriter who has wowed audiences across the U.S., Europe and Australia. He’s grooved at the Superdome in New Orleans, knocked them out at Birdland in NYC and raised the roof at South by Southwest in Austin. In Paris, he brought the audience to its feet at the legendary Le Bilboquet. Between tours, he’s recorded albums of original rock music, solo jazz standards and children’s songs.
A Harvard-educated composer, Negbaur writes music for theater, film and TV. He co-wrote Wine Lovers, the world’s first interactive wine-tasting musical, which is currently being performed across the U.S. and on Norwegian Cruise Line. He contributed to the score of the feature film An American Summer, and wrote the theme for reality TV show Cancerland.
His innovative arrangements of standards and his soulful originals make for unforgettable performances.
Additional Booking Notes
THIS RIDER INFORMATION IS FOR GARY AND HIS BAND. IF HIRING AS A SOLOIST, HE WILL ONLY NEED THE PIANO AND VOCAL MIC REQUIREMENTS.
Jazz, Blues & Two Tattoos (JBTT)
● Any questions can be directed to: Gary Negbaur, (phone number hidden), (email hidden)
● Number of band members: 4
● Stage must be preset before the arrival of JBTT. (Please see attached diagram of the set up)
● JBTT will use venue audio system, which should include appropriate and professional audio console, power amps, equalizers, speakers, and monitors for venue dimensions.
● 4 monitor speakers; 1 placed in front of each musician.
● The VENUE will supply an audio engineer to operate the sound board during sound check and during the show.
● 1 grand (preferable) or upright piano with a piano bench. If no piano is available, please provide a 88 key fully weighted keyboard with sustain pedal, power cord, audio cable, amp, bench, and heavy duty keyboard stand (no “X” style stands please). Yamaha preferred. Also, provide one small rug (1’x 3’ or larger) under the pedals.
● 1 Drum Set: 4-piece drum set. 18”-24” kick (20” preferred), 13”-15” snare (14” preferred), 10”-13” rack tom (10” preferred), 14”-18” floor (14” preferred), 2 cymbal stands (16”-18” crash, 18”-22” ride), hi-hat, hi-hat stand, snare stand, bass pedal, drum throne and 8’ x 8’ drum rug. All drum heads and hardware must be in good working condition.
● 1 Acoustic bass; a professional quality instrument with adjustable bridge and pickup.
● 1 Acoustic Bass amp (combo or separate head & speaker) with a minimum of 150 watts of power and at least 1x15" speaker or 2x10" speakers and a DI Box .
● 1 guitar amp (Fender Deluxe Reverb or equivalent) Please provide a DI box/line out or mic the amp.
● 3 heavy duty music stands
● If the band is driving (not flying), there is the possibility that they are bringing the drum set and acoustic bass. Piano, bass amp/DI, guitar amp/DI and music stands are still to be provided by venue.
● 1 vocal microphone on a boom stand placed by the lower register of the piano.
● 2 piano microphones.
● 1 upright bass microphone.
● 1 microphone for the guitar amp (unless it’s going direct)
● drum microphones: 2 drums microphones (kick, snare) + 2 overhead microphones.
● Sound check is closed to the public. Venue doors should not be opened to public access until sound check is completed and the band has been conferred with. A minimum of 1 hour for sound check is required.
● JBTT will use the house lighting system and the venue’s lighting technician.
● Typically we do not provide a specific lighting plot, so please feel free to be creative with the stage lighting as long as all four players are appropriately lit and the house lights are down.
● 2 tables with chairs in lobby to sell JBTT merchandise (CDs etc.), as well as one or two salespersons. Band will sign autographs after the show.
● Sales will occur before show, at intermission, and after the performance.
SET 1 SET 2
Basin St/Bourbon St (Williams/Barbarin) Just a Gigilo/I Ain’t Got Nobody (Casucci/Brammer + Graham/Williams)
On Broadway (Mann/Weill/Leiber/Stoller) Jailhouse Rock (Lieber/Stoller)
Buddy Bolden’s Blues (Bolden/Morton) Eat at Home (Negbaur)
Sweet Georgia Brown(Bernie,Pinkard,Casey)Mother in Law (Toussaint)
Love is here to stay (Gershwin/Gershwin) When You’re Smiling (Shay/Fisher/Goodwin)
On the Sunny Side (McHugh/Fields) When I’m 64 (Lennon/McCartney)
Cabaret (Kander/Ebb) Lady Madonna (Lennon/McCartney)
Blue Moon (Rodgers/Hart) Take Me to the Mardi Gras
Do You Know What it Means to Miss Walking to New Orleans
New Orleans (DeLange/Alter) (Bartholemew, Charles, Domino)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Arlen/Harburg) You’ll be Back (Miranda)
Goodnight Irene (Lead Belly) You are My Sunshine (Davis)
Go To The Mardi Gras (Byrd/Terry) New York New York/Empire State
/New York State Of Mind
Come On/Let the Good Times Roll Creole/ When the Saints Go Marching In
Let the Good Times Roll (trad)
What a Wonderful World (Thile/Weiss)
Please see the tech rider.
New York City, NY
Recent review: Javier took care of us on extremely short notice and did an outstanding job! Never knew it was…
New York City, NY
Recent review: This band is what inspired the entire theme for our party. We had a gatsby themed 40th bday party.…
New York City, NY
Recent review: We asked these guys to play at our wedding for 2 hours. Despite the heavy traffic they were at…
New York City, NY
Recent review: Lloyd is an amazing musician with a great love of children of all ages. He writes catchy and…