Hips of Fire is an International Dance Troupe specializing in Fire Dance, Belly Dance, Tribal Fusion, Polynesian, and LEDs and Fire Arts and are known for creative choreographies and fusion of dance techniques. Artistic Director Christina Hanna has had the honor of studying with the best Middle Eastern Dance instructors from around the world as well as Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Tahitian, and Flow Arts. Before evolving to Professional Dance full time, Christina gained valuable behind-the-scene experience as an Event Planner and Entertainment Specialist, understanding the inner workings of event production. We look forward to celebrating with you and learning more about the event you are planning!
We had Hips of Fire perform for our Corporate Hawaiian Christmas Party on December 2nd 2017. We were blown away by their performance. Would definitely recommend them for any event. They were the touch that made our event feel like a true Hawaiian Luau!!!
Response from Hips of Fire Entertainment:
Thank you so much, Sandra, for having us and for the beautiful review! We had a blast and are so grateful to be able to share the art of Polynesian Dance with you and your beautiful company family!! Aloha nui, Christina, Amy, Elijah, Justin of Hips of Fire 🔥 🌺💃
We were so happy and pleased with Christina as Moana coming to our daughter's 4th birthday party. She came with authentic and traditional Polynesian outfits and props/ instruments and games to get the kids active like limbo and hula hoops for a contest.
The kids were mesmerized. Christina taught them Polynesian vocabulary words and dance moves and talked about Moana in the context of the culture. It was fantastic and just what we wanted.
She was kind and loving to all the children - there were 22 kids. The kids really believed they met the real Moana. She answered their questions as if she were Moana and told them stories about her life as Moana now. It was so perfect that she kept up the character the entire time and spent time answering the kids and talking with them.
My daughter was treated as the guest of honor and got to hold hei hei which she loved.
Moana stayed for the birthday song and celebration with cupcakes and even stayed after to take pictures with every kid or family that asked for one plus a group shot with all the kids.
The music was great and the light show at the end that is incorporated into an amazing dance was a must have grand finale.
I am still getting emails from parents that were in attendance that their child keeps talking about having met Moana and how awesome the party was.
I recommend Christina and believe that every child would love to have her as Moana at their party.
Response from Hips of Fire Entertainment:
Thank you so much Claire for this beautiful review! We had such a blast at Liora's birthday party!! Thank you for allowing us to share Moana and the art of Polynesian Dance!! Mahalo, Christina "Moana", Hips of Fire NYC
What to Expect
1) Absolute professionalism, courtesy, and understanding of event etiquette. Unlimited contact with Hips of Fire NYC in preparation for your party.
2) Safety of performers and guest is always paramount. Our dancers are fully insured for fire dance.
3) Direct contact with DJ to coordinate music. Cocktail Hour Speaker available as music source upon request.
4) In order to secure booking, a signed contract and $75 per dancer is required as a deposit at reservation. Final balance is due upon arrival of the performer at your event.
5) Performers will be arriving between 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to start time and will be needing a private and secure area to prepare and store their things.
6) Be sure to be prepared to participate! We love interacting with guests with photos and audience participation.
Online Classes now available! Come register through our website and learn with Hips of Fire | School of International Dance
"Christina was great and understood how her performance fit into the larger culture of the overall party. She had great ideas and elevated the party to a higher level. She smiled the entire time, truly enjoying what she was doing which really rubbed off on the crowd. What a great choice for our adult luau birthday party!" Debra A, Monroe, NJ
Hips of Fire is an International Dance Troupe specializing in Fire Dance, Egyptian Belly Dance, Tribal Fusion, Polynesian, and LEDs and Fire Arts known for her creative choreographies and fusion of dance techniques. Artistic Director Christina Hanna has an the honor of studying with world class Middle Eastern Dance instructors from around the world as well as Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Tahitian, and Flow Arts. Before evolving to Professional Dance full time, Christina gained valuable behind-the-scene experience as an Event Planner and Entertainment Specialist, understanding the inner workings of event production.
Additional Booking Notes
1) Please be cautious as dancers will have props they will need to set before performance that cannot be touched or handled.
2) Safety is paramount for fire performances and must be done in an appropriate area, safe crowd, and favorable weather conditions.
3) There is absolutely no rushing of fire prop and performance preparation or fire prop handling as safety is paramount.
Past Booked Events
|August 21, 2018 • 7:30pm - 8:00pm||Birthday Party|
|Elijah Bailey||Male Fire Dancer|
|Michelle Tempany||Polynesian Dancer|
|Amy Pavao||Polynesian Dancer|
|Christina Hanna||Artistic Director, Belly Dancer & Fire Performer|
Influences & Inspiration
Valerick Molinary, Tamalyn Dallal, Monika Diaz-Granados, Maria Jammal, Masala Fusion, Leigh Ammon, Rachel Brice, Zoe Jakes, Carrolina Nerriccio, Suhaila Salimpour, Moria, Lebanese Simon, Ahmed Hussein, Samir Abut, Tahiti & Cook Islands, Cleopatra, Echoes of Hawaii, Isshinryu Karate
Music Source (can be provided)