This vendor provides virtual services
"Dante will be a legend" - Yellow & Black
"You're looking at the next big thing." - Keep Walking
Imagine having Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, or The Rolling Stones perform at your event before they became famous? Dante Mazzetti been compared to all of these iconic artists by music publications all over the world. Named "Top 20 Prospects of 2019" by Music Connection Magazine, Dante is on the cusp of making a huge mark on the international music landscape.
Weddings, Corporate & Private Events are a specialty. Known for his ability to create the perfect atmosphere for any occasion, he blends an array of music from various genres &, upon request, original music.
Price Range: $500 and up
Gig Length: 30 - 60 minutes
What to Expect
CORPORATE EVENTS, PRIVATE EVENTS & WEDDING COCKTAIL HOURS
Dante is known for his soulful, gritty vocals, masterful musicianship, and his unique instruments. As a multi-instrumentalist, Dante is extremely versatile and prides himself on the variation that he can provide for a performance. He plays guitar, mandolin, piano, upright bass, harmonica, drums, and various other percussion instruments. Many clients like to book him as a one man band, while others prefer a more pared down singer-songwriter performance. Dante can play solo, as a duo (with piano), or as a band. Whatever the configuration, Dante's act features a variety of genres including folk, blues, soul, Americana, oldies, and classic rock. Many clients also ask him to perform his original music which you can hear on your favorite music outlets such as Spotify and Apple Music.
WEDDING CEREMONY MUSIC
Dante can provide music before, during, and after the ceremony (or any combination of those).
SOLO PACKAGE: vocals + guitar, mandolin or piano (or combination).
DUO PACKAGE: Dante and his wife perform as a guitar and piano duo. What’s more romantic than a loving married couple (of 12 years) playing as a duo for your ceremony?
CUSTOM SONG CREATION
For Couples/Occasions: What if you could completely surprise your partner with a truly magical and timeless gift that’s made just for them? It’s difficult to transcend and articulate the depth and dimensions of your love for someone. Fortunately, Dante can do that for you! With the power of music, lyrics, and emotion infused together, you can now give someone their very own custom love song on CD or MP3...written by an award winning songwriter! This can be booked separately or as part of a performance package.
For Businesses: What if you could turn your mission and message into a song that your audience can connect to on an emotional level? If you have a mission driven business, having your own song will take your marketing and branding to a whole new level. Use your song for live events, videos, tele-seminars, webinars, and more!
Dante is very professional. He is always on time, prepared, and can even provide his own top of the line sound system. At the same time, Dante has a laid-back, easy going personality that makes clients rebook him time and time again. He is friendly, flexible, and easy to work with.
In addition to all of that, Dante is a decorated FDNY firefighter. He was awarded one of the highest medals in the FDNY for his bravery during a particularly deadly fire. Risking his own life, he found and rescued an elderly woman who had collapsed behind her door trying to escape from the fire. As a firefighter he is trained in first aid and life saving techniques. It might not be a bad idea to have someone like that at your event in case of an emergency.
Born and raised in New York City, Dante Mazzetti started playing the fiddle at the age of three. By five, he was learning guitar and writing his own songs. By the time he was a teen, he was playing on New York City subway platforms and performing in music clubs.
Mazzetti was accepted to the Professional Performing Arts High School in Manhattan where he studied voice. He then went to Purchase College Music Conservatory to study Studio Engineering before moving to Austin, TX to write his first album.
Mazzetti began his music career with the release of his self-titled debut album in 2002. After exploring the genre of Americana and indie folk, Mazzetti experimented with his sound by releasing his rock album, Lost and Drifting, in 2005. This album showed off his ability to capture different genres through his songwriting. In 2007, music took a backseat when he decided to join the New York Fire Department. In June 2011, Dante Mazzetti was awarded the Emily Trevor/Mary B. Warren Medal, "In recognition of your heroic actions placing yourself at risk to rescue an elderly female,” for his service in the FDNY.
In July, Mazzetti made his official return to music with Hotel Vol. 1. With four new original songs, the record brought together acoustic folk and soul, laced with lyrical storytelling. This album gained numerous accolades and got him named as one of Music Connection Magazine's Top Prospects of 2019.
The EP is the first of two volumes that bring together various unreleased songs in folk and Americana, but emphasize Mazzetti’s ability as a songwriter to express struggles and triumphs in life. For the artist, a piece of music is a living organism - always evolving, improving, finding new creative avenues to explore.
Additional Booking Notes
Dante is completely self sufficient. He is able to provide his own state of the art sound system and small (5' x 5') wooden stage if necessary. Once booked, Dante and the venue will discuss what exactly is needed on the technical end.
Each set list is crafted specifically to suit the mood of the event and the genre preferences of the client. Here are some examples of recent set lists.
1. Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
2. Wicked Game - Chris Isaac
3. I Scare Myself - Dan Hicks
4. Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
5. Angel from Montgomery - John Prine
6. Jamaica Say You Will - Jackson Browne
7. Drive - The Cars
8. Sunny Day - Paul Simon
9. What Have You Done for me Lately - Steve Goodman
10. Come on Up to the House - Tom Waits
11. People are Strange - The Doors
12. A Day in the Life - The Beatles
Fun Upbeat Oldies Set
1. Hang on Sloopy - The McCoys
2. Sweet Little Sheila - Tommy Roe
3. Peggy Sue - Buddy Holly
4. Here Comes Your Man - The Pixies
5. Kodachrome - Paul Simon
6. Run for Your Life - The Beatles
7. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
8. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
9. Road to Nowhere - Talking Heads
Classic Rock Set List
1. Tupelo Honey - Van Morrison
2. Heart of Gold - Neil Young
3. State Trooper - Bruce Springsteen
4. Hurdy Gurdy Man - Donovan
5. A Day in the Life - The Beatles
6. Sweet Virginia - The Rolling Stones
7. Midnight Special - Creedence Clearwater
8. Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
9. Let it Bleed - Rolling Stones
10. Midnight Rider - Allman Bros
11. Ophelia - The Band
12. Alabama Song (Whiskey Bar) - The Doors
13. Lodi - Creedence Clearwater
14. Lookin’ Out my Backdoor - Creedence Clearwater
15. Ramblin’ Man - The Allman Brothers
Folk Music Set
1. If I Were a Carpenter - Tim Hardin
2. Green Rocky Road - Dave Van Ronk
3. Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley
4. Mr. Bo Jangles - Jerry Jeff Walker
5. Lady Came from Baltimore - Tim Hardin
6. Dutchman - Steve Goodman
7. Just Like a Woman - Bob Dylan
8. Everybody’s Talkin’ - Tim Hardin
9. Couldn’t Do Nothin’ Right - Jerry Jeff Walker
10. A Hard Rain’s Gonna Fall
11. River was Whiskey - Charlie Poole
12. Reason to Believe - Tim Hardin
Blues/Rock/Soul Set List
1. Irene Goodnight - Lead Belly
2. Love in Vain - The Rolling Stones/Robert Johnson
3. How long - Eric Clapton/Leroy Carr
4. Sweet Home Chicago - Robert Johnson
5. In the Pines - Lead Belly
6. Changes - Charles Bradley
7. If You're Ever in Oklahoma - J.J. Cale
8. Angel is the Devil - Steve Earle
9. Honky Tonk Woman - Rolling Stones
10. Got my Mojo Working - Muddy Waters
11. Rain Dogs - Tom Waits
1. Mexican Home - John Prine
2. The Door is Always Open - Waylon Jennings
3. How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away - Dan Hicks
4. Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man - Conway Twitty
5. Rock Island Line - Lonnie Donegan
6. Red Rocking Chair - Doc and Merle Watson
7. Red Solo Cup - Toby Keith
8. Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show
9. I Walk the Line - Johnny Cash
10. Folsom Prison - Johnny Cash
Influences & Inspiration
The Rolling Stones
The Allman Brothers
The Black Keys
The Tallest Man on Earth
The Angels of Light
Dave Van Ronk
Dante just needs an available power source (and outlet or generator). All other equipment can be brought in and set up by Dante if necessary.