People are genuinely mesmerized while watching an artist create something in live performance — especially if it happens with speed, showmanship, humor, and a magical surprise. Presenting the enchanting world of professional chalk art entertainer Kerry Kistler. His brand of performance chalk art delivers a very special impact to each and every audience. Enhanced by musical or storytime soundtracks, this performance art is highly customizable:
► From 10-30 minutes in length.
► Unlimited thematic possibilities for every age. See YouTube for a highlight reel.
► Stunning black light effects can be added according to lighting conditions.
► Highly visible from nearly any stage, large or small.
Price Range: $100-500
Gig Length: 10 - 30 minutes
What to Expect
Typically, a chalk art program may take 3 forms:
1. Variety Show Vaudeville Style Act (approx. 10 to 15 minutes):
In this format, an emcee introduces the act, music starts and the drawing begins immediately. A humorous opener may also proceed the drawing. This format is good for dinner shows, coffee houses, fund raisers etc. Prices start at $99 plus expenses.
2. Educational or Ministry Presentation (15 to 25 minutes):
In this format, an opening motivational/inspirational message is used to lead into the drawing which, in turn, supports the overall theme. This format is good for day cares, schools, libraries, church events and even birthday parties. Prices start at $149 plus expenses.
3. Fuller Length Show (30 to 40 minutes):
In this format, I am joined on stage by my wife who is a professional, award winning ventriloquist. As a husband and wife team we can entertain and educate groups such as civic clubs, banquets, churches and other groups wanting a longer show. Prices start at $199 plus expenses.
Kerry Kistler has a unique blend of training and performance experience, including a degree from Indiana University in Commercial Art, a permanent teacher's certification from New York state, and over 40 years of stage experience as a performer. He is also one of the foremost authorities on performance chalk art and publishes the world's only magazine for stage chalk artists called Chalk Illustrated. This rare blend of artist, entertainer, educator and published author gives Chalk Show a rare and professional quality.
What is performance chalk art? It is a specialized form of stagecraft, predating vaudeville, in which full color pictures are crafted using special oversize chalk. They are presented using humor, music (or a story), a message and a showman's flair. The drawings are created with blazing speed and if lighting conditions permit, a magical hidden picture will emerge under a black light finale.
BONUS: After the show, the finished drawing belongs to YOU and can be used as a door prize or fund raiser. One of Kerry's chalk drawings, created live, was sold at a silent auction for $1000!
Kerry Kistler would be delighted to bring his show-stopping Chalk Show to your school, library, church, organization or private celebration. Whatever your performance venue, Kerry will work with you to produce an unforgettable event. Let the demo videos on his site or YouTube channel communicate what mere words cannot - and then book Chalk Show for a unique and fresh experience.
Additional Booking Notes
1. The large custom easel which we use does not do well in windy areas. This does not mean we refuse outdoor gigs, only that a sheltered area, free from gusty wind, is important to keep the easel from being knocked over.
2. A good power source is necessary to operate the lighting built in to the special chalk easel. 15 amp service (a typical wall outlet) is usually fine.
3. If you would like to experience the magic of hidden pictures which appear during the finale of the drawing, the use of black light is required (which we supply). However, it will be necessary to make the venue as "theater dark" as possible. This may mean you will need to cover some windows with black plastic bags, or otherwise block out as much ambient light as possible.
|Kerry Kistler||Owner, Performer|
|Jil Kistler||Ventriloquist, on request|