I'm Joe, and I draw caricatures.
Live caricatures are an awesome way to make sure your event is fun and memorable. Entertaining for all ages, each guest that sits down gets a fun drawing to take home and frame... or use for target practice! Whether you want a silly gift for a friend or some fun at a live event, I'm your caricaturist!
Price Range: $50/hour
Gig Length: 120 - 500 minutes
What to Expect
LIVE CARICATURES // Great for Weddings, Birthday Parties, Family Reunions, School Proms, Company Picnics, Trade Shows, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Corporate Events, Private Parties, Picnics, Grand Openings, and any event where fun is welcome!
Here’s what to expect:
• I draw quick live caricatures sitting at an easel so onlookers can watch the caricature appear in
front of their eyes, and typically, have a good natured laugh at the sitter, who doesn't get to see
until the end.
• I typically only do only faces at live events so I can draw as many guests as possible, but if a
guest wants to have fun I don’t hesitate to draw out of the box!
• I can draw a single black and white caricature in roughly 3 minutes, and I can draw couples in
roughly 5 minutes.
• Caricatures of absent immediate family members or pets can be drawn from photographs.
• Generally speaking live caricatures aren't as refined, detailed, and polished as studio
caricatures because they are meant to capture the essence and fun of the moment and are
meant to be done quickly to give as many people as possible the opportunity to join in the fun!
STUDIO CARICATURES // Do you want a caricature of you and your celebrity crush cruising on a yacht in the Bahamas being chased by pirates? Studio caricatures are limited only by your imagination! Contact for more details and a personalized quote.
With over 5 years of caricature experience under my belt I am sure to bring a smile to your guests’ faces as I draw theirs. I have drawn for four seasons at children’s theme park Dutch Wonderland in PA and have done too many other caricature gigs to count.
Additional Booking Notes
• I am paid per hour and the guests do not pay for the drawings. I charge an additional fee for mileage if the venue is more than 1hr away from my location.
• I can do both black and white or color at your event, color just takes longer.
• I bring all my supplies (markers, paper, and easel). All I need from you is three chairs (one for me and two for the subjects) and preferably well-lit area (back patios lit by string lights is fine).
• I always dress according to the formality level and am happy to wear theme hats or costumes (if provided).
• Depending upon the event I can draw on standard 8.5x11 paper or I can draw on mini 5x7 paper (perfect for large school carnivals where there are several hundred kids).
• I draw "painless" caricatures at live events; I am not interested in hurting anyone's feelings so I try to make the sitter look as good as possible in their drawings. There is no age limit to who gets to have fun!
Upcoming Booked Events
|October 27, 2018 • 7:00pm - 10:00pm||Wedding Reception|
Past Booked Events
|July 19, 2018 • 6:00pm - 8:00pm||Cocktail Party|
|April 14, 2018 • 5:30pm - 10:30pm||Wedding Reception|
Influences & Inspiration
Preferably a well lit area or provided lamp of some sort
Three chairs, one for the artist and two for the subjects
Recent review: Very professional and a favorite with our guests, both adults and kids. Had a long line at her…
Children's Party Magician
Recent review: I would definitely hire AE again. Robert was awesome with the kids and did great work.
St Charles, MO
Recent review: Very nice guy and wonderful to work with. I think everyone at our Fall Fest enjoy having a caricature…
Recent review: Wow...what an awesome way to liven up any party! We have had the pleasure of having Caricatures…