Mim Eichmann: hammered dulcimer, vocals
Ed Hall: guitar, banjo, vocals
Jonathan De Souza: fiddle, mandolin, whistles, vocals
Doug Lofstrom: bass, vocals
anything Irish! Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, Eva Cassidy, Altan, revolutionary and civil war music, Chet Atkins, Allison Kraus, Bela Fleck, Johnny Mercer, George Gershwin, Beatles, film music, honky tonk music, classical music, country music, gospel music ...
What to Expect
Typical Gig Duration: 30 - 120 minutes
In many ways, Trillium is a folk group which appeals to people who think that they really don't like folk music ... as well as those who do! Our extensive, eclectic repertoire ranges from Celtic to bluegrass to ragtime to swing, moving easily from one genre to the next, taking our audience along with us. Most of our tunes are trad/anon or public domain, both instrumentals and vocals, some cover tunes, some singer/songwriter, but all of our arrangements reflect our collective creative energy and the extraordinary playing styles of four very accomplished musicians.
We've recorded three cds: "Over the Waterfall" (2006), "The Moody Leprechaun (2007) and "Crossing the Stream" (2009), many tracks from which have been played on folk and Celtic radio programs throughout the U.S. and Canada. We've also been broadcast live on NPR stations on many occasions as well.
1. Over the Waterfall/Blackberry Blossom
2. Bonaparte Crossing the Rocky Mountains/Star of Munster
3. Big Rock Candy Mountain/Dixie
4. Black & White Rag
5. Young Ladies in Town/Jefferson & Liberty/Crossing the Stream
6. Soldier’s Joy/Star-Spangled Banner
7. Tennessee Waltz
8. The Moody Leprechaun
9. Jenny Lind Polka/Swedish Polka
10. A Hundred Years from Now
11. Fargo/Ewe w/ the Crooked Horn/Fargo
12. Pardon My Southern Accent
13. The Night Paddy Murphy Died
14. I'll Fly Away
15. Cold Frosty Morning/Full-Rigged Ship
16. Sweet Georgia Brown
17. Staten Island/Red-Haired Boy/Liberty
18. Ragtime Annie/Beaumont Rag
19. Sally in the Garden/Swallowtail Jig/O’Keefe’s Slide/O those Britches Full of Stitches/John Ryan’s Polka
20. Settin’ the Woods on Fire/Southern Flavor
21. When You Look into My Eyes
22. Rights of Man/Harvest Home/Boys of Bluehill
23. Miss Fogarty's Christmas Cake
24. Tiger Rag
St. Anne’s Reel/Fisher’s Hornpipe
Available for Your
Anniversary Party, Bar/Lounge, Birthday Party, Christmas Party, Church Service, Club/Nightclub, Concert Venue, Convention, Corporate Event, Fair, Festival, Fundraiser, Grand Opening, Holiday Party, Luncheon/Tea, Private Party, Restaurant, Retreat, Reunion, Trade Show, Wedding Ceremony, Wedding Reception, Workshop
Folk Bands in Downers Grove, Illinois Event not near Downers Grove, Illinois?
Search a different location
When booking a Folk Band…
Whether you hire Trillium or other Folk Bands in Downers Grove for your party, wedding, or event, Gig Salad makes it super-easy to book professional Folk Bands.
We strongly recommend that all communication be kept on the Gig Salad Booking Platform as you book your Folk Band. When you do, we’re able to offer numerous benefits that we can’t guarantee if you take communication or deposit payment off the Gig Salad platform. Our booking system is easy to use and handles secure deposit payments from you to the Downers Grove Folk Band of your choice.
Additionally, the quote/agreement sent from your Folk Band to you using the Gig Salad platform, should outline performance fees, extras, arrival and departure times, cancellation policy, insurance information and other details.