As Ron Bell put together songs for his nightclub show in 1975 he included the smash hit Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffett. This song was a lot different than the other songs of the day such as the ones by Stevie Wonder, Kenny Rogers, or even the Eagles.
Ron played Margaritaville and the others for many years. Just a decade earlier, Ron had sung and played all the hits of that era including those by the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Byrds, Buffalo Springfield and many more. Soon, Ron’s band Big Foot was opening shows for the Moody Blues, Frank Zappa, and the Grateful Dead, just to name a few.
For those musicians who made a living playing and singing, the word “Disco” changed everything in the late 70’s. Most of the clubs they worked in became Discos and the only live music to play back then was Country Western.
So playing bass guitar, Ron joined those doing Country, playing five nights a week and loving it! By 1986 Ron had become a solo performer playing guitar in small restaurants and bars for about the next ten years. At one of his first solo gigs, a lady requested Come Monday by Jimmy Buffett. Ron did not know that one, but played Margaritaville for her. (Eventually he did learn Come Monday.)
Ron began playing keyboard in 1996 along with bass and guitar. He played in San Diego at clubs by the fishing docks around Point Loma. While playing there, a group of fishermen would come in who always wanted Buffett, Buffett, and more Buffett! So, Ron learned all the Buffett that he could get his hands on.
In 2005, after recording a CD with the band Crosswinds, he was introduced to veteran Trop Rock artist, Gary Seiler. That meeting renewed his interest in the Trop Rock style which is almost exclusively the music that Ron plays, sings and writes today.
The future looks great with many opportunities ahead. And yes, Ron continues to play Margaritaville every night.
Ron has recorded three solo CDs plus a live CD with Gary’s band, Buffed Out.
Ron's Cd’s are Phinding The Road To Paradise & Ron Bell’s Trop rock Party.
What to Expect
Typical Gig Duration: 180 - 180 minutes
We are a self contained band with lighting if needed.
1.OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL (BOB SAGER)
2. KNOCK ON WOOD (BLUES BROTHERS)
3. MIDNIGHT HOUR (WILSON PICKET)
4. MUSTANG SALLY (WILSON PICKET)
5. PINK CADILLAC (BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN)
6. SWEETHOME ALABAMA (LEONARD SKYWARD)
7. UNDER THE BOARDWALK MEDLEY (THE DRIFTERS)
8. WONDERFUL TONIGHT (ERIC CLAPTON)
9. I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW (BOB MARLEY)
10. STIR IT UP (BOB MARLEY)
11. 3 LITTLE BIRDS (BOB MARLEY)
12. DON’T WORRY BE HAPPY ( BOB MARLEY) 13. JAMAICA FAREWELL (HARRY BELLAFONTA)
14. DAY’ O (BANANA BOAT SONG) (HARRY BELLAFONTA)
15. RED, RED WINE (UB40)
16. BABY I LOVE YOUR WAY (BIG MOUNTAIN)
17.CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR LOVE (BAD COMPANY)
18. THE JOKER (STEVE MILLER BAND)
19. KEEP ON ROCKIN ME BABY (STEVE MILLER BAND)
20. PLAY THE FUNKY MUSIC (WILD CHERRY)
21. GET DOWN TONIGHT (KC & THE SUNSHINE BAND)
22. BRICK HOUSE (LIONEL RICHIE)
23. BEACH BOY MEDLEY
24. COCO MO (BEACH BOYS)
25. WHAT’S GOIN ON (MARVIN GAYE)
26. RUNNIN DOWN A DREAM (TOM PETTY)
27. LAST DANCE WITH MARIJANE (TOM PETTY)
28. WON’T BACK DOWN (TOM PETTY)
29. I WILL SURVIVE (GLORIA GAINER)
30. WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW (CAROL KING)
31. WHEN I NEED YOU (LEO SAYER)
32. WHEN WILL I BE LOVED (LYNDA RONSTADT)
33. BROWN EYED GIRL (JIMMY BUFFET)
34. ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT (JIMMY BUFFET)
35. FIVE O’CLOCK SOMEWHERE (JIMMY BUFFET)
36. FINS (JIMMY BUFFET)
37. LIVINGSTON SATURDAY NIGHT (JIMMY BUFFET)
38. VOLCANO (JIMMY BUFFET)
39. CHEESEBURGER IN PARADISE (JIMMY BUFFET)
40. TRIP AROUND THE SUN (JIMMY BUFFET)
41. MARGARITAVILLE (JIMMY BUFFET)
42. SANATANA MEDLEY
43. SMOOTH (SANTANA)
44. BLACK MAGIC WOMAN (SANTANA)
45. PRIDE AND JOY (STEVIE RAY VON)
46. DOC OF THE BAY (OTTIS REDDING)
47. LION SLEEPS TONIGHT (LION KING)
48. LET’S STAY TOGETHER (AL GREENE)
49. TIRED OF BEING ALONE (AL GREENE)
50. HOTEL CALIFORNIA (EAGLES)
51. TAKE IT EASY (EAGLES)
52. KEY LARGO (BIRDY HIGGINS)
53. SOME WHERE OVER THE RAINBOW / WONDERFUL WORLD MEDLEY
54. YOU’VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELING (RIGHTOUS BROTHERS)
55. WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN (KENNY CHESNEY)
56. I FEEL GOOD (JAMES BROWN)
57. VERY SUPERSTITIOUS (STEVIE WONDER)
58. ELECTRIC SLIDE (MARSHA GRIFFITH)
59. YOUR LOVE IS LIFTING ME HIGHER (JACKIE WILSON)
60. TELL IT LIKE IT IS (AARON NEVIL)
Available for Your
Anniversary Party, Bar/Lounge, Birthday Party, Casino, Christmas Party, Club/Nightclub, Concert Venue, Convention, Corporate Event, Cruise, Dinner Dance, Fair, Festival, Fundraiser, Grand Opening, Halloween Party, Hotel, Private Party, Restaurant, Studio Session, Wedding Ceremony, Wedding Reception
Caribbean/Island Music in San Diego, California Event not near San Diego, California?
Search a different location
When booking Caribbean/Island Music…
Whether you hire The Rockers or other Caribbean/Island Music in San Diego for your party, wedding, or event, Gig Salad makes it super-easy to book professional Caribbean/Island Music.
We strongly recommend that all communication be kept on the Gig Salad Booking Platform as you book your Caribbean/Island Music. When you do, we’re able to offer numerous benefits that we can’t guarantee if you take communication or deposit payment off the Gig Salad platform. Our booking system is easy to use and handles secure deposit payments from you to the San Diego Caribbean/Island Music of your choice.
Additionally, the quote/agreement sent from your Caribbean/Island Music to you using the Gig Salad platform, should outline performance fees, extras, arrival and departure times, cancellation policy, insurance information and other details.