Claudia Sanchez, the Passionate PIanist, will give you everything that any pianist can offer, but she even provides extras that you will not receive from any other pianist.
THIS IS WHAT YOU GET IF YOU BOOK HER:
- 2,000 SONG INTERNATIONAL REPERTOIRE. She covers all the music styles that fits with the SOLO PIANO sound: Classical, Jazz, Pop, American Standards, Soundtracks (Hollywood and Broadway), Tango, music of the decades from the Twenties to Today’s hits, Christmas and Holiday, Wedding, Country, Italian, French, Spanish, Romantic Latin, Patriotic, Traditional tunes, Irish, New Age, Neo-Classical and Argentinian Folklore. She also has special thematic programs such as tributes to Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, Secret Garden, Disney songs, Love songs, among others.
- SAMPLES RECORDED BY CLAUDIA FOR EVERY SONG. She will send you the full list of her repertory with links to the samples online. Not only it will help you to find the music you want, but also will give you ideas of songs or type of music that you may not have thought of. And if one of your special songs is not in her repertoire, she will learn it for you!
- REAL FEEDBACK / TESTIMONIALS FROM REAL CUSTOMERS. She can offer you a long list of testimonials as well as names and contact information from past customers, so you can double-check. You will discover through them more items to add to this list of what her customers get when they book Claudia. You can check the reviews at her website. They speak about her talent, experience and professionalism better than what we can tell.
- TECHNOLOGY!! Claudia does not read the music from traditional paper sheet music. She is a “paperless musician”, one of the very few performers in the world who uses the newest technology: she carries her entire library in a state of the art tablet PC, and turn pages wirelessly with her foot (this way she will not interrupt the flow of the playing to turn pages). Just with a finger touch she can satisfy spontaneous requests during the event, in or out of the program. She doesn’t need special light on the piano to read, and even do not need an electrical outlet.
- WRITTEN PROGRAMS LIKE A CONCERT IN A THEATRE. She prepares an elegant display with the program, and make available individual copies for those guests who want to follow her interpretations. Her customers can choose the stationery from her stock, to match the colors of the event. There is no extra charge for it, it is always included in her services.
- ALL LIVE, NO TRICKS. She plays acoustic (“unplugged”, “unwired”) music, so even when she plays a digital piano or keyboard, Claudia does NOT use pre-recorded or backing tracks / chords. All what is heard is played and created by her fingers at the moment.
- COMPLETE CUSTOMIZATION OF THE PROGRAM. You choose the entire list of songs for her to perform, or she will select the program for you, following your directions and dreams.
- FULL-TIME DEDICATION. Claudia is 100% dedicated to piano performance. When you book her, she concentrates all her attention on your event. This is not a side job for her, she does not even teach music. Piano performing is her passion and what she does for a living.
- THE ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH GUESTS / CUSTOMERS IN OTHER LANGUAGES. She is English-Spanish bilingual, and can communicate also in Italian, Portuguese and French.
- IF THERE IS NO PIANO AT THE VENUE, Claudia has her own portable Yamaha piano and Bose amplifiers (both the best brands in each type), for customers who want solo piano entertainment for their events, but do not have an acoustic piano at the venue. (An additional flat fee applies for bringing the equipment).
- AVAILABILITY OF HER SCHEDULE. Since performing solo piano is her “full-time” job, Claudia can accept commitments for any day of the week, at any time.
- NO BREAKS DURING HER PERFORMANCE. She does not need or take the “15 minute” break periods, as is typical of most of musicians and bands. She starts... and does not stop. For performances up to 3 hours Claudia will not stop unless requested. And for a 4 hour performance she may only need a 5 minute break in the middle. That is because she loves what she does, has amazing endurance, and respect her audience, knowing that her customer hired her to play the piano and entertain the guests… during the entire event!
- LIVE AUDITION JUST FOR YOU. Choose a couple of songs from her repertoire and she will make a video just for you playing these songs at her grand piano, and you will be able to watch it in your computer.
- PERFORMANCE AGREEMENT. She will provide it, signed by both parties that will give her customers peace of mind about the commitment and the money invested in the sounds of their dreams.
- PASSION FOR THE MUSIC. You will notice that when you hear her…
- ELEGANT AND SOPHISTICATED PRESENTATION. She will follow the dress-code of the event, and even match the colors of the event with her attire if you want (by he way, she has a large selection of gala dresses).
- HELP AND ADVICE, with ideas, due to her experience of many years performing in the finest venues nationwide and overseas. Also she will work with the event planner whenever possible to make sure everything will go as planned.
- PUNCTUALITY AND RELIABILITY. She has never had to cancel a commitment, and has never been late.
- EXPERTISE AND PROFESSIONALISM. Claudia has performed in hundreds of events and so she knows how to manage different situations. After being a professional in the business world (Claudia is a Certified Public Accountant, a former Bank manager and University Professor of Economic Sciences), she has developed an ability to interact and socialize with people of all levels. She has performed as the Pittsburgh Intl. Airport as its exclusive and first Pianist for the Holiday Seasons 2008-2011. She often plays at the Atrium of the One Oxford Centre (downtown Pittsburgh) for lunch time (next one: on December 27th, 2012, Christmas songs and then Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during February 2013, from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM).
Visit her website to know more about her: bio, backgrounds, repertoire, audio samples, video samples, special section for weddings, etc.
E-mail or call her. You will receive an answer on the same day!
Claudia: Solo pianist
Classically trained, being Bach, Beethoven and Mozart her most beloved classical composers, she has been also influenced by world class pop piano performers like Richard Clayderman, Raul Di Blasio and Yanni. Raised in the Argentinian Tango land, she performs all her repertoire with the passion and feeling that can only come from one who has tango music in her blood.
What to Expect
Typical Gig Duration: 120 - 480 minutes
Her easy listening, cocktail style piano will make any special occasion more delightful, adding a touch of sophistication and creating a beautiful ambience as well as a warm and relaxed atmosphere for dinners and receptions.
Performing as your guests are arriving, she will set the mood and command focus while you are busy behind the scenes.
She will play in your piano or hers, since Claudia can set up her portable one for you.
The ideal occasions for her to perform are:
- cocktail piano for settings where ambient music is all that's needed;
- easy listening music, where there is moderate audience interaction;
- pianobar / open mike entertainment, using singalong-type tunes.
She doesn't accompany professional singers (but guests can sing on the spur of the moment while she plays)
She doesn't play with bands, nor does she plays for dances (but the guests can spontaneously dance any to her romantic interpretations).
She has a vast range of styles for you and your guests to enjoy: Classical, Jazz, Pop, American Standards, Soundtracks (Hollywood and Broadway), Tango, music of the decades from the Twenties to Today’s hits, Christmas and Holiday, Wedding, Country, Italian, French, Spanish, Romantic Latin, Patriotic, Traditional tunes, New Age, Neo-Classical and Argentinian Folklore. She also has special thematic programs such as tributes to Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, Love songs, among others.
Acoustic piano (grand or baby grand), well tuned. The piano needs to have sheet music stand. If there is no piano at the venue, Claudia can bring her portable piano and sound amplifier (additional fee applies)
If there is no acoustic (traditional) piano at the venue, she can provide her Yamaha portable (digital) piano, with Bose amplifier. Additional fee applies.
Claudia, the Passionate Pianist, was born in Argentina, where she has lived until 2002, when she married an american man, who brought her to live in the U.S.A., first in the Tampa Bay area (Florida), and now in Pittsburgh area (Pennsylvania).
She was nourished with the passion that only the Argentinian Tango can transmit, and extended such a passion to perform to her whole repertory, which covers almost all the musical genres.
Claudia started studying in the Conservatory at the age of 6 years old, and graduated with the highest honors at the age of 13 years old as Superior Professor of Piano. She performed for the first time at 7 years old at a Concert for advanced students in her native city in Argentina.
During her childhood she performed numerous times in presentations sponsored by the Conservatory, as well as in the celebrations of her primary School. Also during High school she was the one who was called to play the patriotic songs needed for special occasions.
She graduated as a Certified Public Accountant, worked as bank manager and as a University Professor of Economic Sciences. While this was her "day job", she always had her "Professional Hobby" of playing the piano in private parties, corporate events and friend's celebrations.
Her close relations with the business world opened her to opportunities to meet people who hired her as a background solo pianist for their events.
Over the time she exchanged definitively her former "hobby" of a solo pianist to be her career, making Economic Sciences as her hobby during her spare time.
Check her repertoire of more than 2,000 songs at her website:
She plays all styles of ambient music:
- American Standards
- Soundtracks (Hollywood and Broadway)
- Music of the decades: 20’s, 30’,s 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s to Today’s hits
- Christmas and Holiday
- Romantic Latin
- Traditional tunes
- New Age
- Argentinian Folklore
- Thematic programs such as
- tribute to Frank Sinatra
- tribute to Barbra Streisand
- tribute to Secret Garden
- Disney songs
- Love songs
2006: 100 gigs
2007: 110 gigs
2008: 129 gigs
2009: 135 gigs
2010: 180 gigs
2011: 190 gigs
2012: 200 gigs
View Complete Calendar
Available for Your
Anniversary Party, Awards Night, Baby Shower, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bar/Bat Mitzvah Party, Bar/Lounge, Birthday Party, Bridal Shower, Casino, Casting Call, Christmas Party, Church Service, Club/Nightclub, Competition, Concert Venue, Convention, Corporate Event, Cruise, Ethnic Celebration, Fair, Festival, Fundraiser, Funeral Service, Graduation, Grand Opening, Halloween Party, Holiday Party, Hotel, Launch Party, Luncheon/Tea, Other, Private Party, Prom, Quinceañera, Religious Celebration, Restaurant, Retreat, Reunion, Seminar, Sporting Event, Studio Session, Sweet 16 Party, Trade Show, Wedding Ceremony, Wedding Cocktail Hour, Wedding Reception, Workshop
Here are testimonials Claudia Sanchez, the Passionate Pianist has chosen to post.