Andy Cowan & The Nina Beck Trio is an award-winning vocalist and jazz band (classic songbook/swing/Latin/pop/blues) among the favorites of Los Angeles club owners, special event planners and wedding parties throughout the 2000s! Nailing the sound and intelligence of Sinatra and Tony Bennett like no other group out there, they're more than a Frank Sinatra tribute band, and succeed by making the music their own. For swinging interpretations of the classic songbook, scatting, tasty originals, comedic parodies written by featured vocalist and Seinfeld veteran Andy Cowan, and even a blues rendition of an Oscar-winning Dylan tune, audiences seek out this group and keep coming back for more!
Be the first to review Andy Cowan & The Nina Beck Trio.
Thank you for your review!
Please check your email and click on the verification link. Your review will not be posted to the public until it has been verified.
Typical Gig: 135 - 200 minutes
Fee: Contact for rates
Classic songbook & jazzy renditions thereof, swing, Latin, blues, pop, very professional & entertaining emceeing (including smart comedy, performed and written by Cheers & Seinfeld veteran) comedic parodies of classic songbook
The Nina Beck Trio features vocalist, ANDY COWAN, an award-winning writer/performer (Seinfeld, 3rd Rock From the Sun, Cheers) whose natural command of the classic songbook AND lyrics separates him from the other pretenders to the throne. This Who's Who in America biographee has graced jazz clubs and special events throughout Los Angeles (and radio and TV) for over two decades, his youthful appearance notwithstanding, beginning with his breakthrough performance of "Sinatra" singing pop and rock songs of the '80s accompanied by Jack Sheldon, Plas Johnson & the rest of the stellar Mort Lindsey Orchestra on The Merv Griffin Show.
Andy's original country blues tune, Hitchin' on the Highway of Life (music, lyrics & vocals ... http://anthrosop.tripod.com/hitchindemo/) has won five international songwriting nods and is featured in the film he wrote and appears in, Knocked Down (an official selection in the 2008 San Fernando Valley International Film Festival and 2009 Southeast New England Film, Music & Arts Festival, where it won for best comedy) and selected for the Michael Madsen action film, Hired Gun.
NINA BECK's keyboard prowess has been likened to world-renowned artists Diana Krall, Kenny Barron, and Marian MacPartland. A seasoned player/songwriter and veteran of major venues throughout Los Angeles, she's accompanied such greats as jazz and blues legendary vocalist Ernie Andrews.
RICK DANTE's technical skills on the drums identify him as the consummate musician's musican in Los Angeles, always relied upon for staying in the pocket and on the beat.
Their basic configuration of top flight musicians - keyboard, bass, drums, vocals - can be augmented with sax/flute.
THIS GROUP'S TOP-NOTCH QUALITY AND PROFESSIONALISM CAN LEND AN EXCITING AIR TO ANY EVENT... AT A PRICE THAT'S EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE!
• Nice 'N' Easy - Frank Sinatra
• I Didn't Know What Time It Was - Frank Sinatra
• Old Devil Moon - Frank Sinatra
• Close Your Eyes - Tony Bennett
• April in Paris - Frank Sinatra
• I'll Remember April - Frank Sinatra
• All My Tomorrows - Frank Sinatra
• Medley: From This Moment On/Day In, Day Out - Frank Sinatra
• Parody - Obama Done Told me – Andy Cowan
• A Day in the Life of a Fool - Frank Sinatra
• You'd Be So Nice to Come Home to - Frank Sinatra
• Doncha Go Away Mad - Frank Sinatra
• The Moon Was Yellow - Frank Sinatra
• Things Have Changed - Bob Dylan
• Hello - Lionel Richie
• I'm Beginning to See the Light - Frank Sinatra
• I Got a Right to Sing the Blues - Sarah Vaughan
• I Wish I Were in Love Again - Frank Sinatra
• It's All Right With Me - Frank Sinatra
• What is This Thing Called Love? - Mel Tormé
• Comes Love - Joni Mitchell
• Yesterdays - Barbra Streisand
• How Am I to Know? - Shirley Horn
• A Time for Love - Tony Bennett
• Never Will I Marry - Nancy Wilson
• Autumn Serenade - Mel Tormé
• Where Am I Going? - Barbra Streisand
• All of Me - Frank Sinatra
• Let's Fall in Love - Frank Sinatra
• Parody - The Lady is a Man - Andy Cowan
• Hitchin' on the Highway of Life - written by Andy Cowan (multiple song awards and film placements)
• Parody - A Very Good Year - Andy Cowan
• Green Dolphin Street - Sarah Vaughan
• Let's Face the Music - Frank Sinatra
• Sposin' - Frank Sinatra
• With a Song in my Heart - Sammy Davis Jr.
• By Myself - Sammy Davis Jr.
• Letters - Andy Cowan, written by Nina Beck
• Too Close For Comfort - Frank Sinatra
• Nice Work if You Can Get It - Frank Sinatra
• Makin' Whoopie - Frank Sinatra
• I Get a Kick - Frank Sinatra
• I Love Paris - Frank Sinatra
• You'll Get Yours - Frank Sinatra
• I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm - Frank Sinatra
• As Time Goes By - Frank Sinatra
• Fly Me to the Moon - Frank Sinatra
• Love for Sale - Dianne Reeves
• Memories of You - Frank Sinatra
• We'll Be Together Again - Frank Sinatra
• The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra
• Come Dance With Me - Frank Sinatra
• Dindi - Frank Sinatra
• Meditation - Frank Sinatra
• How Insensitive - Frank Sinatra
• Spring is Here - Frank Sinatra
• That Old Feeling - Frank Sinatra
• I Concentrate on You - Frank Sinatra
• All or Nothing at All - Frank Sinatra
• You Do Something to Me - Frank Sinatra
• You Stepped out of a Dream - Shirley Horn
• Embraceable You - Frank Sinatra
• Parody - Is That All There Is? - Peggy Lee
• I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance - Frank Sinatra
• When I Take My Sugar to Tea - Frank Sinatra
• I Hadn't Anyone till You - Dianne Reeves
• I've Got a Crush on You - Frank Sinatra
• You and the Night and the Music - Frank Sinatra
• Invitation - Rosemary Clooney
• Five Minutes More - Frank Sinatra
• Oh Look at Me Now! - Frank Sinatra
• Mr. Success - Frank Sinatra
• No One Ever Tells You - Frank Sinatra
• Our Love is Here to Stay - Frank Sinatra
• In the Still of the Night - Frank Sinatra
• She's Funny That Way - Frank Sinatra
• Blizzard of Lies - Dave Frishberg
• I'm Gonna Live Till I Die - Frank Sinatra
• Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra
• Come Rain or Come Shine - Frank Sinatra
• That's Life - Frank Sinatra
• All the Way - Frank Sinatra
• Down in Brazil - Michael Franks
• Brazil – Frank Sinatra
• Ill Wind – Frank Sinatra
• Moonlight Serenade – Frank Sinatra
• Please Don’t Talk About Me When I'm Gone - Frank Sinatra
• Poor Butterfly – Frank Sinatra
• Dancing in the Dark – Frank Sinatra
• Strangers in the Night – Frank Sinatra
• Mood Indigo – Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett
Influences & Inspiration
Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Shirley Horn, Mel Tormé, Sarah Vaughan, Ella Fitzgerald, Dianne Reeves, Bob Dylan, Paul Anka
From a simple chair to full-blown stage and lighting, there are certain configurations and needs that many performers and service providers require in order to provide the best possible experience at your event. Get a free quote request to check with Andy Cowan & The Nina Beck Trio to find out what their setup requirements are.